Listening to music while riding?

Anybody doing this? Earphone(s)? Heavy Metal? Cops gettin' pissed that you can't hear anything?

Re: Listening to music while riding?

what a bad plan.

i used to blast the beach boys on my headphones when i road out in the desert but i wouldn't see people for days let alone a car on the road. in louisville thats a different story.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Not a good idea, at least with earphones. It's nice to be able to hear the impatient phone zombie crowding your six because you're delaying them from zooming to the stoplight 100 yards away.

/too thick?

"I am using this":http://www.ihomeaudio.com/products.asp?product_id=10186&dept_id=1007 (I was too lazy to build something myself and it was cheap).

This is very loud and I can hear it over the sound of the engine while riding. Comes with a bicycle water bottle holder and a remote that is mounted on the handle bars.

What about a single earphone? Still too limiting?

That's pretty sweet, fred. I have a creative zen mp3 player... I might have to find something like this that would work with my player.

I did several searches and found some creative ways of getting a cheap amp, set of speakers and hooking your mp3 playing up to it.

"Check here":http://www.ladyada.net/rant/2006/08/bike-stereo/

this might to be my next project. thanks fred.

Glad to help!

Headphones are illegal in CA.

I grew up in the city of Orange... love to move back. But I like the Ville quite a bit too. Nothing beats fresh air.

You live in Louisville long enough you'll forget all about the concept of fresh air.

The air in Louisville is light years better than out in CA though. I lived in hollywood for a little while and I wonder how I don't have cancer yet.

I listen at times.

I can also play Pink Floyd's _comfortably numb_ with the throttle of my moped while I ride. I'm sure I could play other songs too. It's sorta like playing slide on a guitar.

"This is the best band for riding to and listening with or is that riding with and listening to":

I strapped an old clock radio to my ped and play oldies loudly

How long of an extension cord?

not too long...I never leave the garage

heheee

I wear headphones under my helmet on long rides through the countryside. I have a Sony Ericsson w580i walkman/phone so it pauses the music and puts the call through the headphones.

In the city I just check my voicemail when I get to my destination.

Not recommended. You need to be aware of whats around you.

I wear my blue-tooth and talk loudly wile drinking my Starbucks.

That's why deaf people aren't allowed to drive...

Actually deaf people are allowed to drive.

deaf people are allowed to drive.

whoops, typo. I meant to say dead people.

I wear headphones occasionally, but generally don't bother. In terms of safety, my ped is loud and I always wear full face, so I can't really hear my surroundings anyway.

my moped is so loud i cant even listen to head phones

not even the noise canceling ones

I wear one ear bud or mount my iHome2GO on the handlebars. Only one ear bud is legal in Maryland.