Kinetic Vs Honda?

so im looking into buying a new used moped, and right now for the price range i can afford, im in between a 2002 TRF Kinetic, red, 260 miles on it, great condition. Owner wants $400 for it plus hes throwing in a case of beer.

Got an 82 Honda Urban Express for sale, guy wants $400 if it doesnt run, $500 if it does. Once again great condition, just went over and helped him clean the carb and put everything back on, alas, he mixed up some screws and before we started it gas was leaking. Thus, i never stuck around to see if it started. Opinions on the better would be much appreciated.

Re: Kinetic Vs Honda?

I personally would go with the Honda, but that is just me...the kenitic is an ok moped but the subframe is supposedly prone to cracking, and parts avail may be limited, note I said may be, but Honda parts are for sure still avail. If you get it make sure it has a fully charged batt so lamps do not blow, they can be expensive to replace. I would choose Honda based on owning a Pa-50ii which has been a great moped for me. My 2 cents worth.

Yeah everything on the honda is in pretty good shape. its a little more rusty than the kinetic, but your right. Honda parts will be way easier to get than Kinetic parts. Do you know if either of these can be uprgraded with speed kits? Ive heard that the 70cc malossi kit can go on the Kinetic. As for the Honda i dunno.

the Honda has several 70cc kits available. Treats has quite a bit of honda stuff.

Not many speed parts but some members make thier own, I don't bother with this as my PA_50II does 32 on flats with my 200 lb ass on it, kinitecs were sold my northern hydraulics in MN they are all right but I would still go with the Honda, again just my 2 cents since we do not have the same bike, but Honda will always have service or some mc shop will work on it and you can download the man from mra site I think

70cc will make it go about 34-40?

i would think around 45 or so. Never had one, but i know people with puchs are hitting 50's with a 70cc kit, so....

depends on your bike, get it running right before kitting it

I dont know to terribly much about peds. So if the speedometer only goes to 30 then how does your ped get past that?

becaues it jst does, time it with a car or a gps? I can "feel" certain speeds..if you ride mopeds/mcs long enough you can too.

humblemoped /

on my 78 pa50II that isn't even close to prime condition and is all stock. I put a pollini replica pipe from treats on the other day and it went from barley getting up to 27 mph on flats to easily 38 with waaaaaay much more mid and top end power and acceleration (low end still sucks but I got a 70 cc kit coming in the mail tomorrow hopefully)

Check out the treats hq store and get some aftermarket in my opinion those Japanese know how to do alot of things and mopeds is one of them.

i disagree i hate Suzuki right no for there stupid carb

kinetics are crap, honda ftw

Honda. hands-down.

you helped the guy fix the honda??? you should get a discount for that or somthing.

i would take the honda just because kentics are usually slower and arent many things for them.

Honda Urban Express - no pedals.

Even with all the problems kinetic has, I'd go with that.

Kinetic problems can be swapped and welded away, an express will never have pedals.

... which may or may not matter, depending on your state

urban express is variated, and doesn't need pedals for anything other than legal obligation

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account