got my first gun pulled on me

driving down a road that always has lots of traffic but has a few nice curvy roads and is for the most part a safe place to ride. speed limit is 30 mph and i always let people pass except in the turns that are marked 15 or 20 because i have no room to ride the edge of the road. woman started riding my ass honking then passes nearly hitting me, i stupidly swerved back at her trying to hit her with my moped. i get around the corner she is sitting at the traffic light she had to get to so quick. i pull up and tell her what a funky ass bitch she was and how she can eat a big plate of stink, she's yelling with the windows up and then pulls a handgun out of her glove box and flashes it at me like don't fuck with me for almost killing you. i got so mad i told her to stick it up her ass and i wanted to throw my ped at her car. she starts to leave and then acts like she getting out the car and speeds off. i told a cop that was sitting like 100 ft from where this happened and he asked me if i wanted to fill out a report. told him i'll just get my cwp and handle it next time it happens on my own(i'm not nor will i). i apologized for wasting his time and rode on home.

Re: got my first gun pulled on me

umm don't be a jerk and cuss out people really it makes u look like a JERK. but then again 3/4 of this forum will congratulate u for cussing at the lady :S

yeah i porbably dont want to like a jerk to the person that has no regard for anyone, what was i thinking?

She almost killed you! You have every right to be mad at her for disregarding you because of your smaller vehicle and if this happens to you enough (It's happened to me several times) it will make you mad enough to cuss. And then the fact that she thinks she can threaten to kill you is nuts. You have a right to voice your opinion.

I agree that it's not a good idea to start conferentations because you DON'T know what kind of wacko is on th other side of the door but she was in every wrong.

i am not saying this lady was right just saying when some person is a jerk, who ever the victim is feels like being a jerk back. then they have a jerk fight to see who can be the biggest jerk. She wins the jerk fight when she shoots u. next time just knock on her window and say "next time try not to kill me" with out yelling at her. simple, gets your point across, stuns her and u don't even look remotely in the wrong

you're over 21, and from Florida...unless you're a criminal/kook/druggie(on paper) than you should get a CCW.

Florida is a shall issue state and has CCW reciprocity with many states...I'm from Michigan and can carry in Florida.

I'm not saying a CCW/firearm of your own would have helped here...but IF things would've became lethal, you would've at least had the chance to defend yourself.

Peddin' and Packin'!

mudoven

I agree Zeke.

was she cute

Jake Shaughnessy /

if someone almost hits me and they could have prevented it i would go crazy. U have all the right to do it

You live in Florida and you're 29 and this is a first. Late bloomer.:)

Yeah, people are crazy. Just act invisible on the road.

Well there's only one response to that, gotta get one of these setups:

i understand the jerk argument. i guess i've never had a gun pulled because i don't usually join the pissing contests people like to get into. i took this a lil personal just because what i believe my severe lack of wrong in the situation. she did have a very impressive set of gold teeth!

i am not saying u where wrong just that u coulda done better, because people only get defensive when u yell at them. yeah i probably would have cussed her out too.

Dude, get a freakin plate number. Don't let people get away with things like that.

Violations.

-Carrying a concealed weapon.

-Reckless driving.

This is definitly something I wouldn't take lightly.

a nice set of gold teeth you should be wearing as a necklace!

But I absolutely know what you mean, people are psycho around here too, and you never know if the other person is a wackjob. A teacher's nephew at my old school got shot and killed after he got brake-checked and then confronted the guy.

Be careful

i could have gotten her plate number if i didn't confront her i guess. and like i said i told a cop that was 100 ft away what happened and where she was heading and driving and he gave me the biggest i gives no fuck look and said there's nothing really he can do. i guess he was busy masturbating to a tom clancy novel.

On the one hand, getting pissed off in a situation like that is perfectly natural and pretty much socially expected.

But on the other, if you can get into a situation like that, and they are all pissed off and you let it roll off your shoulders, you look about a hundred times better, people will respect you more, and you will do better overall.

Not saying you shouldn't have gotten mad, gods know I would have.

If you'd have been calm and rational and she had shot you, it would have made it that much harder for her to call it self defense. If you're shouting at her window and she shoots you, she can say "He told me he'd kill me!"

--Scott

take the lane. they can't pass you real close if you don't leave them any room.

Ben Van Zoest /

Get a bigger handgun to wave with.

i am definitely more of a ear necklace kinda guy.

wouldnt pulling out a gun on someone who has a gun pulled on you just be a really bad idea? fuck guns, you dont need them. if you had pulled a gun, one of you probably would have won a trip to the hospital or worse. i lived in florida pretty much my whole life and i somehow managed to never have a gun pulled on me, aside from one case of mistaken identity by the cops.

YTes, the problem with guns is, they are only usefull in a very few situations. Pulling a gun on somebody with who's got the draw on you is just... Well lets say ill advised, because I'm trying to stop swearing.

And the ear necklace is called a "fetish".

For future reference.

--Scott

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

We (my wife and I) lived in a war zone on the Mexican border until last year. I've been shot and have shot an attacker. IF you feared for your life while this "lady" was screwing with you, then you have every right to remove her head as she sits in her car. A car is a very large, heavy weapon... Look carefully at my profile pic, you will see my shotgun leaning on my ped in my wife's shadow. It accompanies me everywhere I go. Been shot once, never again if I can see the warning signs.

i haven't read all the responses but here in Louisville about a month ago a woman shot a guy because he flipped out on her for cutting off his motorcycle. They pulled up to a stop light, he jumped off his bike and ran up to her car. She was in the car with her kids, got scared and shot him in the chest. next time man, let it go. flip her the bird if you want but it's just not worth getting shot to prove your point

heteroped, you have to remember that jacksonville florida is not a mexican war zone. it's close, i'll give you that, but it not quite. i say again, fuck guns. violence begets violence. matt is right, flip the bird and move on. people are always on edge, especially in florida. why take chances?

honestly, i wouldnt even ride with someone who is carrying. i have had two friends die because of handguns, both accidental, and two is way too many if you ask me.

ur so tuff

I been shot at.... I've had guns pulled on me. The last time someone pointed a gun at me, I offered to smoke a bowl with them, and they sat down, handed me their gun, and mellowed out in a hurry. Tweaked out world out there! They need to just calm down a bit.

And get shot in the proces.

My 2 cents: Don't fuck with people with guns...

All it takes is one disturbed motherfucker who pulls the trigger... Really, do you want to make your point so badly you'll risk that?