suzuki fa50

does anyone know about the suzuki fa50 bikes in terms of quality reliability and speed wise

Re: suzuki fa50

They're great scooters that'll hit around 30.

suzuki fa50

Fred Melonhead /

They are probably the fastest scooter in terms of aceleration

.. no lie ... take an FA50 and 'drag race' any other stock moped say from ... 0 to 30(?) ... the FA 50 will beat virtually all of them pretty easily

... but it doesn't have that high a top speed ... like 30 - 32mph

general quality ? .. good as any Jap bike ... (which is good - generally better than any Euro bike)

But the FA does have a few idiosyncracies ... mine seized a few times in hot weather when it shouldn't have ... and Others have done the same

has a great little kick starter ... nice bright lights ... better brakes than about any .. pretty lame suspension

thanks later this week im going to buy as a pair 85 bullet and that suzuki for 50 bones neither look to be in bad shape thou their said to not run but let me get my hands on em

i have an FZ50 which has the same engine (i think)...anyway yeah, they are fairly quick when running right. i rode my friend's FA50 one time and was surprised with how much pickup it had...super zippy and probably one of the more fun bikes ive ever ridden, even lighter and more nimble than an express or a QT50...feels like a toy in a really good way.

my FZ50 soft-seized the other day going downhill. be careful with these suzuki engines! super reliable as far as starting/running, but they seem to run hot.

Fred Melonhead /

One reason the FA might "not run"

... can be the brake 'safety switch' ... if its not adjusted right it will stop the motor from being turned on

fz50 is a 2-speed tranny and a better carb maybe even muffler but yeah they r pretty much the same thing

ah, ok... wasnt sure. they looked similar to me but its been awhile since i rode that FA50.

« Go to Topic — end of thread