its starting...

So I'm at work, iwork in a restraunt by the way, and in the next parking lot is a breakfast joint, and it backs up on sundays, for obvious reasons...

I'm looking out the window and I see 4 chineese scooters parked in one parking space infront of this breakfast place.

First ones I've seen yet in my town.

So it begins...

Re: its starting...

The junk dealer next door to me just opened a chinese junk scooter/moped shop across the street last Friday.

Oh yeah and he's like 70 years old.

I want to run outside and knock them over.

So one piece breaks and they can't get a new part.

I wish there was a moped shop local, I'm too lazy / don't have time to repair the ciao. My parts came in the mail and I slapped them on and I need to repair an air leak and do a little bit of cleaning.

Too lazy.

they are like plagues of locus

the people on em dont know how to ride, are all over the road, are doing 40 everywhere with moped stickers here.

Due to a couple of recent front page articles here in mass, the police has taken a very very keen interest in my moped lately. Like as in ive been pulled over twice in a week. Had to be like "mo-ped - see , motor, pedals, its those plastic things you need to go find, and ask the operators if they know how to hand signal, cuase the dont"

i know i sound the prophet of doom , but ive said for a while they are gonna screw it up for us all.

Ironically one of their scooters wouldn't start.

Just after I got my new tomos. The A-hole down the road from me got a pair of junk o scooters. The funny part is the kid who rides it is not old enough yet to ride it on the street, But he does. I blast by him on my 65cc puch and he asked " how fast were you going?" and in response I tell him 25mph. Watching him tapping his speedo as he rides off.

Jason Luther /

at least in michigan the state legislature is trying to repeal the helmet law making a dangerous thing even more-so. the governor keeps vetoing it though. so perhaps the dumb-ass scooter people wont ruin things for us since the mind-set is already backwards

Yeah I'm really looking forward to my ciao running.

Kitted and piped

Gonna rip past the scooter assholes.

i think repealing helmet laws is stupid, but at the same time, if you want to have your head cracked open than who am i to say you can't. florida repealed the helmet law for people under the age of 21 in july 2000. this is what happened:

Between 1997 and 2001, nationwide motorcycle rider fatalities increased by 50% while motorcycle registrations increased by 31%.1,2 The rise in death rates may be related to the concurrent weakening of motorcycle helmet laws in Arkansas, Texas, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Florida. In comparing rates the year before (1996) and the year after (1998) the helmet law change, Preusser et al.3 found a 21% increase in motorcyclist deaths in Arkansas and a 30% increase in Texas. This analysis tries to determine the effect of weakening Florida

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account