O/T Worst Weekend Ever

It's not a moped story - but I was supposed to ride my CB360 from Toronto to Bracebridge to enjoy a well deserved, relaxing cottage weekend. I've been working like a dog lately and am working every single day in August - not a day off for 4 weeks, so I was really looking forward to swimming in the river, drinking beers by the fire, etc.

I left today at about noon. It was beautiful out - sunny and warm. Half an hour into it, I was riding happily up Black Creek Drive to the 400 highway when rain started in really heavily, there were huge cracks of thunder and giant lightening bolts right in front of me.

I got off the highway and decided to ride across the top of town to take a smaller highway up to the cottage when my bike started stuttering and dying. I ended up stuck at Jane and Finch (those of you from Toronto will know what that means) soaking wet with a broken bike for about 3 hours.

My roommate came with some tools and we thought it was ok to ride home. I'd already given up hope of riding i to Bracebridge. Well, it wasn't. It died in the middle of a giant intersection, where I was seriously ready to kill the next person who honked or yelled at me. S we pushed it into a gas station.

Finally, after adjusting the clutch and fucking around with the carbs it started to run fine. I rode it to CycleWerx, left it in their parking lot, dropped the keys in the door and got a ride home, thinking I'd just take the bus up north. Well, I missed the bus by about 15 minutes so now I'm back at home after 7 hours on the road and the worst day ever.

I should note that this motorcycle is the bane of my existence. In the last year, it's had new front brakes, new chain, new tires, new electrical, new starter clutch, 2 new batteries and I can't even remember what else. Last year I paid $800 in insurance and rode it for 3 hours. I just got it out of the shop again on Tuesday and was SO excited to ride it up north, but obviously that wasn't in the cards for me.

I officially hate it. I officially hate Jane and Finch. I officially hate this weekend.

Just needed to rant.

Re: O/T Worst Weekend Ever

My wife's family lives in Toronto... I hate driving any vehicle in Toronto.

yeah it's rough. i live downtown and narrowly escape death riding either my moped or motorcycle to work through the financial district every day. but that's still better than being stuck with a broken motorcycle at jane and finch in a thunderstorm!

I had a CB200 that had some really wierd electrical grimlins. I Finally traced it back to the polar ignition coil.

yeah we traced some of mine to the coil too - the electrical works great as of last week. now i have clutch problems haha.... oh, i'm so close to being done with this bike but i've dumped so much money into it it's pointless to sell it.

Wow, I feel for ya Lindsay!

I hate it when you get to that point where you wonder if planning the next two seconds is even too much. I can't stand it when ya realize no matter what, your plans turn into distant dreams.

I still wonder how it's possible to charge people THAT awful price for motorcycle insurance! When you are in the office asking about quotes, you should stand up and start yelling "Rape! Rape!" Move to Montana and do your work from here! hehehee. No insurance or even a helmet required for motorcycle here. You can also get permanent plates for your bike. Mopeds are even more lenient. Ya don't need any paperwork or government extortion of any form.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Wow! Way better than Arizona, Montana sounds like a last vestige outpost of the American freedom trip.

It is.... I seriously think this is the free-est state anywhere, for at least mopeds anyway.

I just want Lindsay to bring roller derby to lewistown!!! hehee

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

If I didn't have so many responsibilities here, I'd be shaggin ass up north Deezy!

If I wasn't so strapped here, I'da went to 3 rallies this summer!!!

I feel pathetic.

Hi Lind,

The CB's are suppose to be good bikes, sorry to hear about your shitty day,

well...least it's not snowing yet up there.

Jim

my buddy joel's cb200 was being a pita and it ended up being the coil also. eff those coils.

ah well, all's well that ends well. i ended up taking the bus sunday morning and spending last night and today swimming and kayaking in the muskoka river. the bike's in the shop and i have a terrible sunburn but it was all totally worth it!

John Joedicke /

Real bummer Lindsay. The CB will be up and running again and the world will be a better place. lol Suck it up girl we all have those days. But missing a good weekend is the shits. You got part of though. JJ

« Go to Topic — end of thread