71 Yamaha 80cc G5 info needed

Does anyone have a manual (or wiring diagram) for one of these?

Re: 71 Yamaha 80cc G5 info needed

hey...it's a large fizzie.Sweeet...I just sold an rd60 a couple months ago.

This manual (even if it's older) should work fine. It's the same motor and frame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTAGE-YAMAHA-MOTORCYCLE-G5-S-75-OWNERS-RIDER-MANUAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ34239QQihZ014QQitemZ330255381927QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

I did see that. I was hoping I could score something for free from someone.

Free??? uhuh...maybe you'll luck out but considering the that bike isn't a dime a dozen in the first place..

I scan, post, copy & trade manuals with other people all of the time.

Good for you...hope someone returns the favor

I have a manual at home... if you can wait a week or two I can photocopy it for you

I have one of these bikes, I love it, it's awesome!!!

AWESOME! Thank you! I will email you with a few questions as well. I think this little bike has lots of enjoyment left in it, if I can get it running well.

lol google.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

UMMM

Is there a pile of cash that would convince you to disassociate yourself from that and sell it to me?

Words dont decribe how much i love that.

Sorry, but not right now. I'm too into trying to get it upgraded to ridable right now. There is an all Japanese Cycle meet in a month near me where I will attempt to locate an exhaust shield and anything else it needs.

Well , could ya keep me in mind? Thats the closest thing to perfection as far as im concerned, a fizzy with 30 more cc's and no pedals - need mc reg anyway, might as well go!

Yes, I will keep you in mind.

Donald Burgoyne /

I have one of these for sale, '72 G7s, blue&white all original and complete, shows 890 miles. no title or key,rust on chrome, turns over fine,not running was going to restore but bought a CT70 instead. $750

1237752022_71_yamaha.jpg

Nice bike! I have a 1964 YG1 that has basicly the same motor. I have the factory repair manual. If you need any info from it e-mail me and I can scan or take a few pics of wiring diagrams and such.

$750 for a mom titled or running bike?...sheesh

Should have said "none"...one too many Miller Lights :P

Cool bike all the same...

I have 2 of these bikes - I may be willing to sell one if anyone is interested. I also have a so-so condition 60's YJ1, which is the same engine, slightly smaller bike.

Rob I have the book for this too if you need scans

Is yours the Yamaha manual or the Clymer?

I have a new G5 main harness, plus what's left of the bike...

Check out this forum. http://s8.zetaboards.com/FizzyTalk/index/ the dudes are super friendly. I have a 1969 that I'm currently working on. They are the coolest bikes ever.

rob, I have the Clymer manual

I am willing to let tis running bike go...

'tis' = this

that's beautiful.

do you live in the clouds?

No, not really, but I live next to Hershey, where it smells like Chocolate a lot.

Human e pepp pepp /

Rob, what are you asking for that green boy?

people: its not a G5. if youre searching for G5 info thats why you arent finding anything.

the bike is a G7S. i have the manual and the wiring diagram. i uploaded the wiring diagram but it was the wrong file, i can try again later if anybody still needs it, but i see the original post in this thread is from 2007...

Well the G5 G5S, G6 G6S, and G7 G7S is confusing to me as well. The manuals do not really help to decifer which is which.

The serial number on this bike starts with 'G5...'

I'd take $500 for this bike.