Finding mopeds

Anyone have any handy tricks to find mopeds people will sell?

I think theres tons of old peds sitting in old peoples' garages somewhere. But these people don't go on the internet or craigslist.

Any tips of how to find them elsewhere?

Thanks.

Re: Finding mopeds

Spokes secrets are trade secrets...cannot be divulged on a public forum.

Get creative, you gotta think of ways to let LOTS of people around your area know that you want what they've had in their shed for 30 years and haven't given a second thought about.

It'll take some work and some ingenuity, but they're out there, they're out there in droves, and there are ways of cracking the moped shell and eating the nutty barn-find goodness.

Get naked and harass people, thats how I get all my mopeds

The naked thing ended in a hospital visit last time I went that route.

Be nice to old people. THat's a start.

I love the elderly.

get up real early and ride to mcdonalds for coffee in the morning. The old dudes will love you and get all reminiscent about mopeds back in the day... and the old dudes in town always know where they're hiding.

Try old barns.. Look for handle bars sticking out of the straw piles on the ground.

Why I shoulda known I wouldn't get a serious answer ya kooks!

I'm gonna make a billboard.

the elderly definitly are the ones who know where the old peds are. Try a farmers market.

I think you got some surprisingly serious answers.

fo real dude. those are the ways. that and subscribe a shitload of RSS feeds on CL.

No sarcasm here.... hang around all you can eat buffets on Sunday afternoons. Old people flock to those after church. Start random conversations with them by saying, wow, these gas prices are outrageous. Be prepared to listen to an hour or so of ranting. Eventually, you'll be able to slip in a "wow, wish I could find one of those old mopeds they got such great gas mileage" and you'll get there. It'll take a lot of patience, but the trade-off is old people forget all about inflation rather quickly and sell things for $25 alot.

It's true. I take my ped to the flea market where all the old guys hang out, lock it up outside and go inside to look at all the crazy shit. In thirty minutes, they're calling me outside to talk about my mopeds.

i thought the mcdonalds thing was a good idea. old p

sorry.

old people will sell them for like 25 or 50 bucks. hell, some might even just give it to ya, if they like you.

I'm dead serious about the barn thing. I found my first moped in an abandoned barn. I wont tell what it was. But I will tell you U never know what you might find.

I was thinking about posting a bullitin at a store yesterday.

WANTED- Mopeds, any condition.

If you know a lot about fixing them up, post an ad that you fix non-running ones. When people bring them in to get a quote on repairs, give them two options: they pay you X number of dollars to get it running, or you pay them X number of dollars to take a non-running moped off their hands.

Yea, good ideas. I made a flyer last night that I think I'm gonna post at some old people restaurants and general store type places around my area.

Edward Richardson /

I got my first moped when an old guy came into the salvage yard looking for bulb sockets out of pre 90's cars. I asked him what he needed them for and he said he needed them for his mopeds. When I asked if he had any for sale, he told me my boss had dropped one off about ten years ago, I should ask the boss about that one. So free Grande w/ title.

Post an ad at the grocery store bullitan board, GARAGE/ESTATE sales are Huge! And advertise on craigslist as well as watch for sale area. Those are a few of my tips that are avail for public consumtion! Best of luck!

i buy mopeds cheap then sell them the next day for 10 times their worth. i think im cool.

« Go to Topic — end of thread