where not to buy mopeds

I think that people searching for a moped to buy should be cautious of five flag motors in florida. they shipped me a piece of junk and then tried to say that all i need to do was clean the oil up and he will send a new fender.

Re: where not to buy mopeds

Edward Richardson /

The Devil is in the details. Empathy withheld until facts are established. Try what, when, where, and how, please try to type in clear English.

When the moped came in the box was covered with oil along with the entire moped. The front fender was broken and paint all scratched. The nuts and bolts for the front forks were all over the place because the bag had been torn open. When I called five flags then said the oil was not a problem and then could send me a new fender. Everything else should be fine. I did not like a paying $1300 for a new moped that looked like junk so I rejected the shipment. Then for three and a half weeks I had to continually can five flags for updates on the situation and all that I wanted was a refund. During that time I was out both the money and a moped. It end with the man from five flags calling me and yelling at me telling me to grow up and that I was a prick.

You get a Kinetic TFR?

no i ordered the 4 stroke laser instead b/c the TFR were out of stock at the time, but I was wanting the TFR

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

Where not to buy mopeds:

Anywhere that sells new TFRs...

Consider yourself lucky, the Lazer is a piece of junk.

I guess its not suprising that n00bs don't know, but DONT BUY A BARON LAZER. Also, Kinetic TFRs are kinda crappy too. If you want something new, BUY A TOMOS.

i got my tfr from the same place. your problem was probably a result of how the freight people handled the package. i also had some oil on my moped and all over the box, but this was easily cleaned up.

i did have some problems getting the thing started though. the airbox and the carb need to be tightened, as they wiggled loose during shipping. after this fix, my tfr ran nicely.

i do agree with some of the dudes above though. tfrs are pretty cruddy. tomos is the ped to go for when you are buying new. it is worth the extra money. you'll end up spending just as much money, if not more, making your tfr worth riding. buying a si, bravo, or grande back wheel to variate the tfr; buying a new carb, a new airbox, a new crank, a new belt, a new kit, a new pipe, etc. yeah, go for the tomos. but if you have time, want to learn about you moped, don't mind spending the money, and don't mind wrenching your 'ped a bunch, maybe you can make cruddy, slow tfr respectable.

Do not buy mopeds in seattle, or washington in general.

I bought a used tomos arrow for around 700 bucks and it runs and sounds great tomos mopeds are the a great choice for your first moped. If you look around you can find a good deal on one.

« Go to Topic — end of thread