BOSTON - anyone got a moby ignition coil?

i need one. will buy it from you, and plus you will get to see me in person, which is obviously a lot of fun.

Re: BOSTON - anyone got a moby ignition coil?

can u use a bosch? if ya can and ya fix my banjo, we might have a deal.

i have a cev one which is way better than a novi coil

oh, is there a link to where i can buy one of those, jay?

also, andrew - whats wrong with your banjo? tell me all about it.

il give ya one i have a couple of them i dont know il have to look cause i just put one on susans moby but im pretty sure i have a couple left

i will purchase that shit from you as soon as i possibly can. if i still had a car, i would drive up tomorrow.

so ride the ped up

i have multiple novi coils. i dont use them. i can bring them this wednesday, theyre all yours.

My banjo is a vega - which i suspect is something for "kinda crappy thing"

but its got a long neck and seems fairly well built but the action - which i know is never supposed to be perfect is funky.

Andrew

novi coils suck

on the contrary andrew. the vega company has a long history, and at many points they made excellent banjos. you probably have a seeger long neck. action is pretty easy to fix. sometimes i just make taller or shorter bridges, but yours should have coordinator rods, which can also adjust the action. it might also be a truss rod issue.

if you really want it set up better and you can some how drop it off here sometime, i can see what i can do. im not really an expert in modern banjoery, but i fix instruments for my friends from time to time.

quick off topic question. do yoou need a title in mass? for a 1980? will just a bill of sale do?

1980 what if its a moped then no you dont if its a car or motorcycle then yes you need a title or past nh registration

Hmm , after i typed that i looked at the bottom of it, and it seems to be well made. All that is actually broken is the right hand guard that you rest your hand on. I did go get banjo strings once, and they dont fit, they arent long enough, so surely its a long neck of some kinds.

Id love it if it was a pete seeger model. I love pete and everything he stands for.

ahh thanks jay. (i'm prob. selling a maxi to a guy in mass and he wanted to know)

nope no titles for peds in mass

i possibly need a moby coil too. i'll buy one off someone on Wednesday....

i thought about it and i know i have 2 cev coils ones on my carabela parts bike and the other ones somewhere il find it

Did I give you an extra coil or two in that collection of parts?

I was going to change out the one in my moby

I will trade it for some motor mount bushings

I have yet to see a bad Novi coil, I heard about a bad batch of them , but never had a failure from one. I do believe a lot of Motobecane owners misdiagnose the electrical failures to this component. Must be because it's easy to replace them. Where most of the time, the condenser or a short is the culprit.

I have a spare one in the garage that I keep rotating on my Machines and so far they always perform.

Fred, I didn't see one, but i'll look again.

so far every moby i had had a bad coil no spark then i put on a bosh or cev and have spark

the condensers suck too i use eith tecumseh ford or chevy ones

« Go to Topic — end of thread