I just bought a garelli

I just bought a garelli v.i.p. 2 speed. super nice no problems climbing small hills. the only thing is when you braek it has the engine kill cables so if you brake it dies. anyone have a remedy for that?

Re: I just bought a garelli

GREAT bike. You have to be more specific about your problem tho...

Change the oil in the tranny and put in mobile one sythethic. Yeah. I know its 7 dollars a quart. Thank god you dont have a mercedes.

Maybe it will stop you clutch from going all garelli apeshit.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

email sent

it's a badass ped. thanks.

but, yeah the brakes have an additional cable with has electrical contact points on them. it'll idle but i have to use the front brake and the decompression lever at the same time to stop and keep it idling.

check the ground on your tail light. on my supersport the ground comes loose all the time and as soon as i hit the brakes, it dies. also, check your bulbs and everything while you're at it. the garellis dont have a lot of electrical ghosts, but there are a few.

Well I installed the new cev 6v brake light all is good.

but now the grommett holding the rear brake cable cracked...damn it i need to buy a new one. also I'm planning on getting a new fuel petcock...anyone have any ideas where from?

Do these have I decomp lever? My Garelli "decomp" lever actually engaged the clutch so you could start it. When that lame rubber clutch went bad I had the same problem as you ,but mine wasn't a two speed.

If it is the same set up, I don't think pulling it while riding will really slow you down a whole lot and what friction you ARE applying to it it REALLY doesn't need, it was the week link on the bike.

This has gotten too long and I don't even know if the two speeds work (don't work) in the same way.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account