WHAT YEAR HONDa 50

What year honda cub do you think this one is. i live in nova scotia canada and he wants 500 for it it runs on the first kick and drives fine a little rust on the spokes but seems to be in really good shape . any thoughts on the year the taillight is really small and original and the marker lights in front are amber colored if that helps any. let me know your thoughts please

thanks jim

1216992887_c50.jpg

Re: WHAT YEAR HONDa 50

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

"Click on this.":http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m131/mtuschmitty/CubSerialNums.jpg It is a chart that gives the manufacturing year for the corresponding serial number. That should help you figure out what year it is. Good luck.

The serial number will reveal the info, Yahoo Groups SuperCub club

has links to research this. My best guess is 1966ish. I am confused

about the pictures, appears to be a mirror image. The right pic has

the chain on the wrong side. Same bike?

This is easily worth 500, with cleaning would bring 1200-1500 if the

mileage was reasonable. (E-bay). Read the $50 bike posting, he has a similar bike but slightly older, this one I would buy in a minute due to the original un-peckered condition.

yes i noticed that too but when i looked at it the other side is fine just the two plastic side covers are missing from it

the mileage appears to 1200 miles and change. i was told it was bought new and was 1 owner and stored in a barn for the last 20 yrs. the odometer works but i wonder does it roll to zero and start over again if theres a lot of miles on it. everything appears original on it theres a product they use that ive bought on the internet that is a liquid that dissolved the rust and doesnt harm plastic rubber etc that should work on it

he mileage appears to 1200 miles and change. i was told it was bought new and was 1 owner and stored in a barn for the last 20 yrs. the odometer works but i wonder does it roll to zero and start over again if theres a lot of miles on it. everything appears original on it theres a product they use that ive bought on the internet that is a liquid that dissolved the rust and doesnt harm plastic rubber etc that should work on it

sorry mileage i 234.8 read it wrong :>

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account