Yeah.... Restoring a 84 qt50

so as some of u know i got a qt50 for 1 dollar. i talked it over with my dad and we decided to restore it so he has somthing to ride around so it will be kinda like a father son bonding thing but yeah. so ill post pics and stuff once in a while as we progress through the build up. sunday is the engine tear down and possibly rebuiild... anyhting i should look out for???

Re: Yeah.... Restoring a 84 qt50

not sure, but i will definitely check out the pics as you post them, ive heard the coils can go bad on these pretty easily. my girlfriend has a red '79 and its been running great ever since she had it serviced, before that it was impossible to start. not sure what they did, but i wish i had a crack at it before she spent all that money.

i have a few qt parts just siting around you could have, let me know what you need.

everyhting is pretty much on it, i put some straight gas, no mix in the carb to get it fired to see if it even runs and if fires and ran for a good 20 seconds

im gonna clean out the exaust, prolly crap loads of carbon since its got close to 5k on it. dustin.. what kind of do u have for extra parts. cant go wrong having extra parts as im sure everyone knows.. lol not going to be alot of work on this for a few days becasue im getting my new wheel and tires for my puch today so there si definatly some riding that needs to be done once thats all said and done. ill keep u posted on its rebirth as it gets tot hat point. and pics are a definate....

Just check under buy/sell for qt50 parts CHEAP. I have tons of parts including an engine rebuild kit for sale. I also have fenders and mud flaps which are hard to find. just send me a message if you need anything and ill check if I have it.

I'm looking for a good to excellent condition front rim for my The inside hub needs to be clean and free of rust build up.

1986 QT50. Do you have one?

Collin,

I'm looking for a good to excellent condition front rim for my The inside hub needs to be clean and free of rust build up.

1986 QT50. Do you have one?

k guys. in order to fund performance parts for my puch i am going to get the qt50 running and sell her. i know one kid that wants it but if he doesntbuy it, its free game. what is a good price for a qt 50 that runss. that and once i get the carb back together, can i block off the oil line and jsut put mix in the gas tank????? im not to sure if the oil pump works so im jst trying to get it to run so i can get liek 200 for it. fool somone into thinking its great...

the oil pump SHOULD work, the yamaha ones usually dont go bad.

ive seen people selling running QT50s around here for 350-400...

ill check on the front rim. I know I have one but im not sure if its rust free. will get back to you tomorrow.

« Go to Topic — end of thread