Guess What I Bought for $100

$100 bucks bought me this beautiful little number this afternoon.

and here's the kicker:

It's a 2-speed RallySport. I've been trying to find info on 2-speed Garellis, so far all i've seen is the wiki says the 2-speed RallySport is "exceptionally rare".

It doesn't run, it's not even close to running. it's practically falling apart, but aside from a pedal, it's all there. So here's what I'm thinking: I own a 1980 Rallysport with the gold mags and the 1 speed engine, I think i'm just going to pull the engine apart and put it on my nice looking Rally, then sell the rest of this thing to y'all.

Or is it so "exceptionally rare" that I should restore it?

Re: Guess What I Bought for $100

Always restore it if you can. 2 mopeds is better than 1.

Eric

$100? A bag of pot?

I don't get it.

you got a moped for what he pays for a bag of pot

oh... haha. wait... dude's in his 50's. isn't inflation supposed to drive old stoners to sobriety? Instead of smoking they just complain that "back in my day a dimebag was a _dime_ !"

Nice find! A 2 speed should be fun! Fix it and keep it too!

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

a properly kitted two speed garrelli is a (sweatpants) boner inducing ride. my friend let me borrow his at the portland rally. i never knew the potential. in fact the same friend just traded a foxi and a ciao for that exact moped from a guy who bought it for $450. i say nice find.

lol sweatpants boner.

nice bike man. i would definitely keep that and clean it up. should be a really nice ride.

How much for the engine shipped to Jacksonville, florida.32244? I have Vespa moped new old stock to trade and in quantity. I have Deloroto new old stock for vespa mopeds that may work on other Deloroto carbs. I need to inventory all this and then i am going to trade these parts for parts i need in the Buy/Sell forum.

haha in boston there was a band the sweat pant boners... they ripped. and now there the robby roadsteamers

is it jsut me or is it earily farmiliar to a puch maxi 2 speed. im new so if they are practicaly the same moped pls dont flame me. i got a 2 speed maxi is the only reason i noticed this. srry for hi jacking ur post

haha whoops the wiki says the 2-speed _Super_ Sport is rare. although it still seems kinda rare to find any 2-speeds that aren't VIP's.

I'm not going to tear the bike apart, but I think I am going to try swapping the engines with my snazzy RallySport Ltd.

The Ltd is already at 30mph stock, but the low end is pretty laggy thanks to it's 32 tooth rear sprocket. I figure the 2-speed would be better suited for that gearing than it's current single speed engine.

Anyway, I'm super excited to see how fast I can make this thing go without kitting (I'm not crazy about the idea of kitting before I feel more comfy with stock tuning, plus I kinda feel like a fast stock bike is a cooler than a crazy fast kitted bike)

nice find!

« Go to Topic — end of thread