Re: boston Fix IT

I won't be here this weekend. Or next weekend. I'm lame.

Corey, I'll totally hit up a hot rod club and watch 80 year old guys chop stuff up...let me know when the next one is, let's swarm!

August 11 - 14th and 17 - 19, I can ride all night long. This is when the baby is away at my parents.

jawa call me ill help ya with that shit.

Did Joe ho get his forks on?

Awesome Andrew. I'll give ya a shout. Those intake studs are stubborn! What do you use to get thos buggers out? Vise grips?

the intake studs are busted off?

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/768025630.html

vintage Italian folding Doniselli

No....I need to replace them with longer bolts that i got with the 2 speed intake riser kit from mopedshop.com. The riser makes it so I can fit a 15mm intake off of an e50 on a ZA50. The stock studs are not long enough to use with the riser.

jawa i wonder if using double nuts on the stud would help. maybe some heat if it doesent come easy.

Tim - the last thing you need is a folding bike so someone can just fold it up and take it. You need like a purple glowing screetchin bike that comes with a big lock!

anyone can send me an email if you want to arrange a time to wield or use any of the machining tools.

i had fun last night ... glad to see 15 people show up to work on mopeds and learn some new skills.

this is the place ... all are welcome

"MITERS":http://miters.mit.edu/

I have the same riser.... mine was the first prototype that Chris made for my Polini manifold.. and he gave it to me for free!

If you need to get rid of the studs just use a vise grip and rip them out!

That's what I thought. I gave it a go with some random pliers I had laying around. No dice. I'll try the vice grips tonight.

Ben

I ordered the Techno Estoril for my Magnum this morning.... will I have to rejet (i'm assuming i will) to make the switch from the BiTurbo.... and if so will it be upjetting or downjetting?? I want to order some jets before it gets here!

I'm totally STOKED!

have some WD40 handy!

NOW, im not saying daniel is not correct, but can ya just try and think of the "Harley toolkit" as a last resort?

You can always try dans method if all else fails....

Try putting 2 nuts on the stud, the backing the bottom one up so it hits the top one. Use 2 box wrenches to do this. make em tight. Then use a socket and try and see if it will come right out. If it doesent you can try a little heat and then a homade impact gun - you holding the ratchet in your hand and giving it a sharp hit, hoping that will motivate it. if not id use an impact driver.

If you get all fucking cromagnon man on those with strip all vice grips and then break the stud , then your gonna be drilling and tapping and shit.

Im just sayin...

andrew i got the forks on. they fit nicely. i didnt put the whel on and i have to figure out my dash but my mother stoppped be halfway cause she said insurance needs to look at it first. FACK! the forks are wayy longer than original so im gonna have to weld a longer kickstand which i need anyways but these things should be beefier. maybe ill put taller rear shocks to compensate

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

i admit it.

I HAVE A FUCKING KICKSTAND. ITS NEW. You can use that too. I was hiding it for the moped apocolypse.

i can prob mail it to ya if i cant make next wed fix it.

Hmm....choices. I'll suppose I'll give that a try first, but if it doesn't work I'm gettin' all sloping forehead on that mutha! God damn it...I just want to get this thing back together right now!

Tim - awesome. This is great. I will try to snag m brother's angle grinder tomorrow when I'm home. I don't think this one is going to be that hard. It's a cool old Puch dirt bike pipe that would wrap around the head and come out the back normally. Obviously, that's not what I'm going to be doing. I think I can just hack, angle, and weld it so it's straight and fits the mount on back.

I saw the pics of the shop. Not bad! Nice little Hobart MIG. I'm used to the pro Millermatic 1000, but I've used smaller ones too. They all work.

I'll email you to maybe set up a time.

DAN - you'll probably upjet just a little since the Estoril has a wider powerband and a slight better top end. It's the powerband that's really awesome on that pipe. My brother just bought one too. What jet are you running right now in your 15mm bing? I ran a 94 on mine, but I ported THE SHIT out of my case. Seriously....you need to do this. The two boost ports on the top of that kit will give you 5-8mph EASILY. And the side transfers ARE HUGE!!!!

I've ported 4 engines and have gotten really good at it. Stuff the crank box with playdoh, wax, or anything that will come out with carb cleaner. Get 4 nice, new round end dremel bits (about 7.00 a pop), and you're good to go.

That, along with the new pipe and your two speed, will get you to 50mph+. No joke.

Thanks Ben

I/m runnin a 96 jet noe which is a tad rich so I should be close... Im planning to have Dan Sabat port match it soon so it should be runnin at optimal speed!

Woah.

96. Incredible.

Actually...that makes sense. I had a 94 with the needle ALL THE WAY UP...and it was still a hair lean, but not bad. I almost never ran flat out for long periods of time.

Wow....96....unported. That's incredible. I'm going to be very interested in seeing where you end up on the new pipe.

i like that i wish i had the money for it

but that is a funny looking morini engine

haha i picture tim riding a big boss hoss 502 that would be funny

ben i found that when welding a pipe a sawzall does it nice depending on how much of a bend you need, if youre doing it for a magnum cylinder i usually just slice the inside of the bend a few timesthen bend it in and weld the seams

i always wanted one of those so i could have a dunk pick up service! people would call me from the bar, i'd come and fold'her'up and put it in their trunk and drive em' home for a wad of cash.. that'd be awesome..

ha yeah I wont be breakn'n legs anytime soon... you don't have a pay pal do ya? i owe this guy some money for a new clutch cover and it takes days for money to get in pay-pal from a bank account apparently..

if not, cool. ya can just hit me up next time im down.

tomorrow? no.

i got alot to get done thi week neways.

i have sunday off.

I really want to commend you guys for not being condescending pricks in these Boston threads. I feel like the forums keep getting meaner and meaner, but guys all seem to be upstanding and encouraging.

Hopefully soon I'll be working hours that make it easier for me to make it to some rides.

my brothers fixed two JAWA's and made them 40+mph with the stock cylinder, talk to him when he gets back.

~SABAT!

What are your working hours? I am sure we can arrange something..

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account