Re: boston Fix IT

that one wont work daniel unless he's got a Polini/airsal kit.

dude you should just get a 14mm intake, the E50 15mm aftermarket ones are poorly made in my opinion, becauce they center on a angle around 13mm, the NOS 14mm puch intakes for za50's are nice.

and no! dont rip them out!

double bolt em, and unscrew them like a bolt.

we can be pricks if ya want

when im being a prick im usually just joking around just ask susan

GET THE FUCK OUT NOOB! jk

oh shut the fuck ya ho

Andy i have a NOS 14mm puch manifold for ya dude, right on the kitchen table.

Classy guy that i am.

I have a tall 14mm manifold if you need one!

oh daniel i need a tail light, after my buddy crashed it in vt, he went to put it in the garage shut the door and crunch.

what kind of tail light is it

i have a few

I'm guessing you have a round hole on your engine... if so youre better off with a round tall 14mm manifold even with a 15mm bing... you can bore it out or not... doesnt matter much.... if you have a square hole in your motor nevermind... I have a couple tall manifolds one with the oil intake nipple and one without... take your pick!

I have a brand spanking new Maxi one on my coffee table that Ben gave me... I was going to use it on my magnum cause it's deeper and can take led's so you can have the one offa my magnum if I switch it! otherwise you will get the new one... gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

its for my maxi. might be straight cev. or you got any funky lookin lights?

rocky, that's ironic on so many levels.

Hey Sabat!, et. al.

My friend Harlo is having trouble with her tomos... since you are the resident tomos expert do you think you could help her?

Drop her a line here.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/resources/mod/harlo/

Her bike has been out of commission for a few months now and is psyched about riding with us in the future.

I got a new 13.13 dellorto in the mail ... gonna install it on the grande tonight!!!

Yeah, it's a round hole for the intake cylinder. Sounds like I should just use a 14mm intake. Damn it... I love spending money on crap I don't need! I might have a 15mm intake/riser for sale soon.

Hey Sabat, would your bro's be willing to take a look at my sick Jawa sometime?

What is wrong with it?

I have a feeling some oil has gotten on the starter clutch and is causing it to slip and not start. So probably some bad oil seals? The stinking clutch is impossible to take apart on a jawa 210...unless I'm just a complete nincompoop. Seems like you really need an air wrench to get the clutch bell off. (which I don't have of course) The bike was running fantastic right up untill Disaster Ride 2008.

Yeah...

The square ones are for the Polini intake.....

There were actually some square Puch motors but they were early ones like 74-76

Can you send it back the Czech Republic for repairs..?

I dunno, but I am thinking about just sending it back to the Czech Republic.

There are three jawa's for sale in the area....you should buy them all and stock up on parts.

I have a butt ton of parts.

Boston Fix It

Dudettes & Dudes - anybody got the tools to help me adjust my timing on one of my pacers. When's the next fix-it and can you bring them wit you???

I snapped a ring and put new ones in it from HandyBikes and I don't think they're right. It has no berries anymore and I know I knocked my timing out of whack. I don't have a flywheel puller or a depth gauge.

i could take a look, i can tell already it has the A3 engine, and prolly points.

soo pretty much yeah, i have the parts, the technology.

~SABAT!

doesent the pacer have a fanco- morini?

he's in seatle at the moment, but ill tell him upon his return.

they are a mind-fuck of a moped.

~SABAT!

It should have the MO1. I have an MO1 bottom end if you are interested. It actually might have the fly wheel and everything.

Re: Boston Fix It

we have the tools, and youve got both our numbers, sadly Dans MIA.

~SABAT!

I get confused. Yes, they're Franco Morini's but I'm not sure if I understand: is the M1 the reed valve version and is the MO1 the non reed valve engine? Everybody's told me that M1 manual was also for my bikes, but they're non reed valve...

I dunno

Regardless, I think I fucked up either the skirt on my piston or the cylinder itself. I'm so frigging mad at myself I could spit - there, I did, and I feel much fucking better now. OKAY~

Fact is, I blew a base gasket - no big deal - right! Remove 6 nuts, pull off the header pipe, loosen an allan cap screw, a little tug and the jug and head are in my hands.

I go out and buy some felpro gasket material, cut a new base gasket, soaked it in some 2T and commenced to some light dremel work on the jug at the kitchen table with my 68 y.o. mentor/teacher/instructor and sometimes adoptive father on the other line. He walked me through and gave me some measurements. The fatty was too big and so were my ports when I got done.

In addition, the new rings I got from HandyBikes just don't seem right. I think they're too small and I'm losing compression, but I would have no way of telling, not now - I HAD the tools.... If all the above isn't bad enough I had a machinists tool chest with scads of precision measuring tools, mics, vernier calipers, depth gauges, dies, taps, lathe tools, live and dead centers, everything. I loan it to my kid brother and the shithead turd leaves it his jeep to get stolen out of a fucking Wallmart parking lot. Over $4000 in some rare and irreplaceable tools. So now I'm really fucked!

So Fred... you've got an MO1 case? I think my bottom end is good unless I dropped a pair of multi-purpose hemostats in there while in my haze - got a jug? An morini piston, I believe it's 38.8 or something like that - stock.

FUCK~

I had this thing going pissa - now the foolish prick won't even do 20mph. (Yes, new ring break-in period in mind.)

I just spit again!!!

I have a sense that if I can't fix what I believe cannot be fixed that there'll be a south american jug on there in a month or so.

SABAT~ Bros, can you hit me at onepercenters@gmail.com with a phone number please. I had your numbers but I don't even want to get into what the grandsons erased from my computer last week.

Thank goodness for high blood pressure medication, mother nature, and xanax!

Ugh!

And I wanted to ride the thing to the Cape. I'm on some real live dog-shit today!

Oh yeah, thanks guys!

email sent.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account