Hello... new here

Taylor /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello first post here, first off I am new to the world of mopeds. I don't own one and have only rode one once. I am going to a college about seven miles away and thought that I could get incredible mileage if I used a moped to go back and forth. I have a drivers license for a car, is that all I need (I live in Austin, Texas)? I will have to get on a road that I will need to go 50mph for 2 or 3 miles(thats the speed limit but most people go faster so I would like to be able to also if possible). That would probably take some performance parts right? Would a sprocket, 70cc piston kit, larger carb, and exhaust accomplish this goal? Is a moped even a good idea for my application? The moped I'm looking at would be a new Tomos streetmate. Thanks for any help offered, and I look forward to joining this community if/when I buy a moped.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account