pedaling....?

How many of you guys/girls ever pedal to "assist" your engine? I don't see how it could actually have much of an effect, since the engine's spinning way faster than you could ever crank the pedals.......... ehh?

Re: pedaling....?

We have a few in our group that pedal at most starts, and a few others who assist by pedaling while going up hills. I pedal assist only in traffic situations where I'm trying to get out in front of a light, or while crossing a heavy traffic street.

Yeah from a dead stop pedaling helps get rid of that 'delay' between when you twist the throttle and when you actually start moving.

The only way pedal-assisting would be helpful is if you change the free wheel sprocket. On most bikes, the gearing of the free wheel is way too low to be of any help.

That's kinda what I thought... Whatevs. I'll try it out.

i changed my peddle gearing so its much higher.

i peddle all the time.

18t freewheel ftw!

I pedal all the time, usually standing.

I pedal alot after I changed to 18toot rear freewheel.

"how to":http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_Freewheel

*tooth

I got a 16 tooth on a puch. Too small, the chain drags on the swing arm. But I still like it.

My older 1954 allstate assists VERY well if I'm in second gear. The 1958 is geared too low. All other mopeds I have had don't do a whole lot either.

Another 18 tooth convert here. Standing pedal starts get you off the line, and out of harms way. BTW, if you're using a maxi stamped steel swingarm, you will need to dremel or grind a groove for the chain to clear.

pedals are beautiful

18 tooth rear, and I bolted on a 26 tooth front.

It gets me to 10 up hills, and faster away from stops.

my peddles were about useless untill i changed my gear,that was one of the best mods

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account