Re: Boston Ride Tonight!

i happen to have a new/old motor that I was holding off on installing (waiting on some small parts). Might need to break it out sooner

I love Al. My friend met him in person. He got his autograph. Priceless.

sounds good, Phil, see you then.

I have to put the wee one to bed and will not leave the house until 7:00pmish. Can someone please have a cell phone...please! Pretty please!

If the cell information is not in your profile, please e-mail me some digits at fred@mopedarmy.com

Thanks!!

Hey Im out of work around 4 and thinking of just taking my truck with my bike in the back down and meeting up with people. Is there someplace I can park?

I think its gonna be way to wet to do any decent riding but Ill show up anyways.

I hope to actually get to a ride before the end of the summer.

If all else fails we should do a ride up here so MopedJay and I dont have to travel a million miles!

speaking of phone numbers, where's that google spread sheet with a lot of numbers on it? I remember stumbling upon it a while ago.

Damn!

Wife is working this evening = no riding tonight per watching the munchkins. I had been riding to work all last week and have not really done so this week per all the threats of rain.

Have a great time tonight.

Here is another place you may want to add for a fieldtrip:

http://www.milkywayjp.com/index.html

The Milkyway lanes...also a good place for bowling..

im going to drive down so i can drop off susans moby at tims work it we do ride il just take one of tims bikes

That place looks cool!

it is cool

very funky

I third the Milkyway being cool and funky!

The food looks upscale and yummy!

http://www.milkywayjp.com/index.html

also two minutes from where i live

It's my girlfriends birthday today. Let's hope I can convince her to spend it bowling with moped folk.

390 dollar red 50V moby on CL

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/766597996.html

topsfield ma ... andrew's neck of the woods

i'd get it if it were orange

It’s my girlfriends birthday today. Let’s hope I can convince her to spend it bowling with moped folk.

THAT sir, is a silly idea. Don't even think about it.

In regards to that moby, i called about it, it sounds nice. 30mph version , runs, red, good shape.

whats not to love about that.

Hehehe.........nah I'm going to take her out on the ol' town. Make her feel like a natural woman and stuff...

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

uggh, still raining up here in brightowne, morning work meetings ran much later than expected and 3 garlic and onion bagels with onion and chive creamcheese give copious amounts of heartburn. i need to go back to bed for a few more hours. i'll check back...

if AK says it's gonna rain, you bet your sweet bippy it's gonna rain.

Supposed to be awful tomorrow also....

1. I cannot get my throttle slide back together. I'm sure my neightbors were very excited about me sitting outside speaking to it in language that would make a sailor blush for an HOUR from 5:30 to 6:30 this morning. They will be even happier with the (hopefuly more successful) repeat performance this evening.

1.a. Is there any trick to getting more slack in the trottle on a maxi? I loosened the screw on the handlebar that seems to be involved with the throttle, as well as the nut right above the carb.

2. In light of the above, I will not be at the ride tonight. I'll try to stop by the Otherside for a while sans moped, and you can all laugh at me in my work clothes.

Corey, what's a bippy? Do I want to know? Is it an apporpriate insult to the pieces of my throttle slide?

if i see you tonight i can explain how to get it on, pretty much you have to take the assembly off, get the slide and cable in the groove, and get the whole thing on like that, i ussallly bring the assembly to the edge of the handle bar.

you have the throttle cable with a knarp at both ends right? those are maxi ones, magnum ones are different.

My wife dropped the F-bomb at Babies R Us this weekend...really loud while pushing our child in a stroller....we got a lot of evil looks...

we could have a fix it at mit tonight if anyone wants to brave the storm ... i have access to a dry garage/loading dock, a MIG wielder and machine shop (bridgeport, lathe, etc.)

mopedjay will be here at 6 to drop of susan's beloved bones. ... we might be working on my cimatti city bike which i just got up and running for the first time today!!! This was the first moped that I bought and gave up on 2 years ago after i picked up top tank moby from mopedjay :)

the shop is 5 minutes from the other side ... 265 mass ave in the parking lot directly behind cambridge bicycle

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

amanda,

i'm not sure what a bippy is, but my grandmother says it sometimes and i think it rules.

also, cursing at 5:30 am in southie is quite the norm, unless your neighbors are the gentrifyin' type, in that case i would advise you to swear louder, and play a ghetto blaster on your steps while you hang out and look menacing. that's what i did in my first place. it was awesome.

It doesn't really have a meaning, but the phrase came from the TV show _Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In_ in the 70's

bonesy!!!!

oh i am coming

Sounds like a plan, MIT is fun. See you arond 7:30pmish...is there parking behind the building?

Phil e....you need a ride..

NICE! im maybe ill bring my bike i dunno.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account