SACHS PROJECT

Here it is my on going Sach Project. Cool Huh! I am starting with a 78 Sachs Prima5 frame. I am completely deleting the rear shocks and going with a mono shock used a a crf50 honda with a oneoff Custom made aluminum swingarm. The swingarm will be braced and have a hoop that goes aroung the frame to connect to the rear of the shock. I have already converted to a fully hydralic frontend off of a small dirt bike using a set of triples removed and modified from a honda xl100. I am curently in the process of making hub adaptors to be able to run front and rear disc brakes. I have to make a custom motor mount to be able to fit the monster with a Tomos bottomend and going to try to use a Gila kit I have with a 24mm Mikuni flatslide. Everything about this project will scream weird! Anyway just thought I would show u guys what I am doing.

1216731054_sachs_project_and_ebay_stuff_002.jpg

Re: SACHS PROJECT

More Picts

1216731508_sach_part_two_002.jpg

zip ties yay

nice this should be sweet

Cool project, looks a lot like what I did on my Pinto3 (see the kc thread for a pic).

Monoshocks are where it's at!

looks pretty tight!

i'm jealous of your garage space, among other things - i put an a55 i acquired through craigs on my 77 malaguti commuter frame, and some cutting/welding/making new brackets was required...

but i'm mostly curious about the forks. and how you're getting your swingarm. machine shop for swingarm? and as for the forks, what "modifying" did you do? because if it was only to take off the fender and give it new bars, i'm totally gonna go buy a dirtbike front end right now

yeah, let's hear some more about them dirtbike forks. I was thinking about using pit bike forks found on ebay but am a little hesitant about spending the money and not having them work/fit at all.

mike

« Go to Topic — end of thread