420 Chain??

Hey guys,

just wondering if a 420 pitch chain would work on a Puch?

I know 415 will.

Also...is it possible to use a bicycle chain breaker on a motorcycle chain?

Re: 420 Chain??

Not really, its too wide. Bike chain breaker might be too weak. Just buy the right chain online.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Noah, it's not too wide. 420 chain works just fine, I use it on all my bikes and I have yet to have a problem with it. It's wider, yes. But it still works nicely.

John Joedicke /

No problem and easier to get at motorcycle shops.

Jerry Franek /

In a pinch, I used a 420 master link. Wider but close in pitch, all I could find.

After a 100 miles, it must have caught somewhere and snapped the chain side link. Was on a bumpy road, good thing I wasn't flying downhill. Now I'm frightened about using a wider link. Don't know what it caught on though

420 mannnnnnnnn

Bruce Edwards /

I use 420. It helps when the sprockets aren't in perfect alignment. $18 for 10 feet here:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_6970_200331444_200331444

I thought this was about pot

shit....AWESOME.

420 is sooo much easier to find since dirtbikes use them

bike chain breaker won't work, you can get one at lowe's that will, however, in the little bolt drawer section, or from 1977, for about the same price... definately worth it to have, at least for me

420 Chain??

Isn't a 420 chain a group of friends standing in a circle around a broken ped while passing a fatty and pondering what to do next? If this is the case the 420 chain is great. If not, well, nevermind.

You can also use a dremel to grind down the outside of the pins and just punch it out - quick, easy and cheap. I broke chain breakers trying to break chains with the tool, and that was on the pedal chain!

« Go to Topic — end of thread