I've always wondered... 2 ppl on a ped?

Anyone else ever wonder whether it is legal to have 2 ppl riding on a moped? My ped seems to have come stock with passenger peg as well as ample seating for another person. Would it be legal?

Re: I've always wondered... 2 ppl on a ped?

state by state

I do it here, in Montana.

In colorado the law reads "may not be operated with more people on it than the bike is intended for..." so your state may have similar laws. Maybe not, though, and especially on a laura m48 bike like the hs50, i'd be worried less about the legality and more about the safety of such a maneuver, considering that with 300+ lbs. of weight you prolly won't be pushin' more than 15mph.

lol, nice spot willie. I've been meaning to change that for a while, I got myself a nice 1980 sparta buddy now. You're dead on with the batty too lol, it rode at a steady 22mph with me on at 140lbs.

ive ridden two people on every moped ive owned,

..people in thailand obviously see no problem with it.

try it in a parking lot before doing it in traffic. mopeds handle crazy bad with two people on them, it takes a little getting used to.

riding doubles on a moped always leads to romance

bui, first you need to _find_ someone that will ride on back, then start worrying about the laws.

lets cruise some time, my moby is eating shit for breakfast.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account