Ohio moped law

So the Ohio BMV says my 1980 Murray no longer is street legal because it isn't listed on the state's official list of recognized mopeds. Has anyone else encountered this weirdness?

Ohio moped law

When in doubt register it as a puch. I know my foxi is not on the list and newer tomos

Re: Ohio moped law

Yeah just give them a bill of sale with the correct VIN, year, price, etc. but write down the make and model as a Puch Maxi. Its not our fault that they have neglected to update their list of approved mopeds. I'm guessing that back in the day, they asked dealers what kind of mopeds they were selling and used that to make the list. They didn't account for the fact that different types of mopeds were marketed in different areas of the country and that eventually they would make it to Ohio.

Re: Ohio moped law

Yeah, they don't have any of the newer Tomos models on the list either.

You can find a copy of their list of approved models on the Ohio BMV site so you can tell them confidently which model you're registering when you go in. I have a 2004 Tomos Silver Bullet :-)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account