Done... I think

Well I think I finally finished my Tomos Lx project. I started back in March. It didn't run and was rusted on the tank, and fenders. The wheels were stained and hideous gold.

It did however have a biturbo.

After removing the oil injection, putting on an Airsal to replace the oil deprived engine, I painted the tank and fenders. I also rewired the bike, adding the lost tail light and fixing the headlight (which was eventually smashed in a woman involved 4 am accident.) This was replaced with a bullet headlight which was also painted to match the tank and fenders.

I upjetted the carb, painted the wheels, add turn signals, removed the shock boots, fixed the brakes, painted the side cover I have to match, installed lower bars, changed the clutch, adjusted to my heart's content along with fixing other stupidities by the previous owner. You compare.

Original top speed, 15 on a good day.

Now, 45-50.

Re: Done... I think

now that is just spiffy i tell ya, nice job

I think your best ideas were to replace the headlight,and go with the Airsal and upjeting. Now if you can find a moped engine to put on it and tranfer your Airsale and upjeted carburator and biturbo, you will be set.

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

Nice! I think that is the nicest LX I've seen.

It's too bad they don't make them look that nice from the factory.

I love the 2 tone paint!

i would go with a better pipe but other than that sweet ped

nice job

looks awesome, we should ride somtime, my tomos should keep up with you, and my brothers tops out around 52 mph

yargh~

Thanks everyone. Hey SABAT, where are you from in MA? Maybe we could go riding, if you're not too far.

As for getting a better pipe, the price was right. I bought the bike for 170 with the pipe already installed.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Very nice example of an LX Tom! Good pick on the headlight and that two tone painted tank looks great!

Sweet paint job

That is by far the nicest Tomos I've ever seen...

and I'm a Puch man!

Come down to Boston for one of our rides!

I would love to but I live way out near Springfield. Looooong ride. Maybe someday.

Best LX I've seen ever, in fact maybe the only good looking LX i've ever seen. Great job!

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ /

def the nicest LX i've ever seen

good job sir

I cannot believe how much of a difference the bullet headlamp makes. Very nice.

Wow. Thanks for all of the positive comments. If anyone has any ideas of things I could do to make it even better fire away. I was really surprised to hear that this was the best LX some of you have seen.

This is my first moped ever. I guess I learn fast. I bought it in the spring because I had just graduated and I was looking for full time jobs. I was bored and needed something to do. This was my distraction. Well I'm glad you all like. Again, if anyone can think of something that would be killer, let me know.

Here's a close up of the paint. It is really sweet for spray paint out of a can.

Very nice. Really thoughtful upgrades, and great colors.

Tom Rainwater /

I like the paint job.

Wow Thermos, nice job. I thought I was the only moped rider in Chicopee. I'll have to keep an eye out for you. If you see a white Tomos A35 flying around with a bumble bee on back, that's me.

Really nice. Makes you wonder why Tomos makes them so ugly when they have the potential to be nice looking bikes.

Looks good, except the pedal on the left side is a little weird...

Probably because it is a footpeg, lol. It's a kick start Tomos.

eally nice job there tom!

russ I think I may have seen you in the Granby Rd. Grattan Street area. You turned right onto the bridge into Chicopee Falls. I was in my car though.

I was referring to the helmet... )

Ahhh... Yeah I hung it on the kick lever. I knew you couldn't have been that slow.

So as far as future upgrades go... I'm thinking new tires. Possibly a gih flow air filter. I haven't decided. It is kind of loud already.

SNAP!! SWeet ride and well done!!

Hey Tom,

Could have been. I live right behind the Pride on Grattan and I ride down East St. to Roosevelt to get to East Longmeadow. Try and stop me If you see me again. I ride to work daily, uh, well, when it's not raining like today.