1966 C50

IS THIS MOPED WORTH 600 ITS SAID TO BEEN STORED 2O YRS IM NOT SURE IF IT RUNS

1216647372_c50.jpg

Re: 1966 C50

I have one of those in kansas. but it isn't a moped

Yeah I think you need motorcycle license for those in most states. Good bikes, lot of parts still available. I think they go for up to a couple grand when they are in nice shape.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

FYI, using all capitals online is equivalent to SHOUTING in real life. That having been said, if it runs, probably worth 500-600 in the condition it is in. If it doesn't run, I'd say at least half or less. Check your local laws regarding it's registration too; Honda Cubs were marketed as motorcycles because they have a gear shift, despite the automatic clutch. So you might have to register it as a motorcycle instead of a moped.

lol, all caps = popped collar

popped collar ????

If it is worth $600, I've got four of them for sale!

Been working on those things for a long time. Engine internals become very rusty after 40 some years. Got two very nice looking, more-or-less well stored units apart right now. Both have lots of rust on the crank and cam, one a rusted tight shift drum. Neither shows signs of having anything more then condensation moisture inside.

Leon Swarmer /

yea, overpriced unless it is running. then maybe.

And yes, our 50cc cub is a real live motorcycle, it was at KC.

Jesse, if you tell me where yours is I'll give it a place to stay for the next 20 years, just sign me the title, too. OK?

usually dont see '66s with turn signals. i'd pay $600 for that in a heartbeat, if it were running.

it is missing the carb and flywheel cover.

I had one of those in high school. A 1965. awesome bike. nice and quiet. they go about 45 mph even with passenger. 3 speed no clutch with a kick start..easy enough to start by just pushing though. I bought mine in 1986 in roughly that condition, running, for $100. A reasonably good deal back then. I've seen very nice ones go for 3 to 4 grand. good ones go for $1200. I'd say non running $400 to 500 would be fair if complete. parts are everywhere. This is the most widely produced motorcycle ever (something ridiclulous like 1,000,000 made). I think they started making them in the late 1950s. They still make them for asia. they've been called passports since the 1980's. they also make a 90cc version

Check for compression and spark if he will let you. Spark and good compression, 400 would not be an unreasonable offer. Read this article for more information on what to check for on the bike if you want to be absolutely sure. Good luck Jesse, I hope you get it! They are really nice little bikes.

I see no kick start lever in the picture. This means it has the usual broken spindle... expensive to fix and requiring a full tear down. As it is a c100, not a c102, you have no option but to push start.

Everybody still see a good deal?

Dave Peterson /

With that tail light and amber winkers, I think it ia ealier than a 1964. Could go into the late 50's, I fully restored a 1964 C100. Just finished a 1964 CT 200.

Skipjaz

Actually, the right picture is a mirror image, made to look like he is showing the other side of the bike. All you can see in both pictures is the right side of the bike. I would definitely wonder about the kickstart shaft, he already said its missing the flywheel cover.

Leon Swarmer /

Actually Jesse's is mising the flywheel cover and the carb, not Jim, but I'll go pick it up anyway.

Yea, the kcikstart shaft is a pain to replace.

And yes there are over a million made. The number is now up to 6 million.

first gear is just useful if you are hauling livestock or entire families.

I've got an '80 c70 and I love it if you want to regiester as a moped make your bill of sale out with a "p" as the first letter of your vin instead of the "c" this may not work if you have some strict title/insurance law where you are from. michigan would let you saddle up a pair of napaleese sherpas and ride them around regustered as a moped (for five bucks a year)

Very good, and interesting, catch Matt.

Salut.

« Go to Topic — end of thread