first real ride... long story

pixley /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

i just got my moped running two days ago, it's a 78' garelli w/ 70 polini, 21mm dell and proma gp, i only rode it for a few minutes at a time the first two days. then today my friend kris and i, who has a similar set up, decided to go for a good long ride and it was very eventful. so we take off from yuba city and head out to the buttes(the smallest mountain range in the u.s.) about half way there we saw a badass late 50's motor boat, looks like an old police boat, and my buddy bought it for $300, and the old man told us a story about the crazy lady who used to own it, i guess she wrestled a deer once and killed it with a knife. then we get out to the buttes and were taking this big turn going like 40 and kris' seat practically falls off, the bolt that holds it on fell off somewhere, so we fix it with some wire. then on the way home kris pulls up next to me and tells me to stop cause he said he saw a bolt or something fly off my bike and it hit him in the chest(going like 50mph), but everything looked ok so we kept going, about 10 mins later i ran out of gas and kris pulled up to me and there was a big perfectly outlined grease mark on his shirt. i say "what the hell is that? it looks like the washer to my front sprocket." i look at my sprocket and the bolt and big thick washer are gone. so, kris puts some gas in my tank from his fuel line and i limp into sutter which is still 15-20 mins from yuba and then i run out again. so kris pushes me with his foot on the back of my seat for about 3 miles to the gas station. well we finally made it home and everything went pretty well. the whole trip was around 50 miles. pretty good start for my moped which gave me nothing but trouble for the last 4 months.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account