Minneapolis meet up next Saturday

(Casserollers) Gregory B. /

www.mplsmopers.com for more details.

Bring your 'ped and your wallet for a meet and greet, moped ride and pizza... quite possibly an after-party as well.

Should be some fun, first ever official event.

Keep this thread alive!

Gregory

Re: Minneapolis meet up next Saturday

people are gonna start making fun of all of us from minneapolis for refusing to spell things correctly.

See you then.

Law Offices of Johnston & Johnsto /

I'm there indeed!

oh haha, forgot to mention i'll probably be there as well.

adam, clint already makes fun of you for spelling things incorrectly

god i wish i had time to find a youtube video that properly expresses:

"thank you for explaining/getting the joke i was aiming for already"

I might be able to make it. Also, my roommate and I are already planning a party that night around 8pm. Any mopeders are welcome to come. There will be food, illegal fireworks (roman candles, bottle rockets, etc.) and we're working on getting the appropriate beverages as well ;).

beware the illegal fireworks.

haha, as long as I don't do it in front of a cop, I think I'll be alright ;)

Bump.

Twin Cities, where you at?!

Even if you do it in front of a cop, as long as that's ALL you're doing, it's probably fine. If you get noise complaints, you may have more hassle. Otherwise, it's probably fine.

--Scott

haha...yea scott, tell me what ticket i didnt get

and what epic journey back to eau claire by moped im not gonna take to contest the shit out of it.

wade beerdsley /

I get out of work at 8pm so I'll ask to leave early which may or may not happen. Either way, I'll be there.

I found a place where we can hold a party. Should be a good time.

Ow, owww...

waawaa wee waa.

Minneapolis meet up next Saturday

kim jensen /

A mini rally, sounds great! BUT.......

Not to rain on the parade, but Powderhorn Park? Don't let your ped out of your site or some kid will hop on it for a joy ride. I'm serious!

Is there a route plan? 3 hrs of pedding and your gonna need gas.

After parties are good, where?

Putting the Grande back to stock, tired of the slow takeoff and loud pipe, even if it is fast! The Allstate runs!!! Needs additional adjusting and breakin, so prolly won't be on that.

Who else is in? 49cc synergy!

kbj

nope, 70cc's of italian fury is all ive got

Law Offices of Johnston & Johnsto /

BUMP!

Gregory, remind me to find out where the after party is residing. I want to try to make it after the Yacht party. Yikes!

Party is at Ben's place, as usual.

Anyone is welcome.

Powderhorn park? I don't see it as a bad place.

It's a nice neighborhood during the day, we're all just meeting up there and talking to one another.

It'll be safe.

Other than that, as far as a route?

Not really, but we'll play it by ear. I know a bunch of good places unless you have a suggestion when we meet up. It's better that way.

Gregory

well...we could do the same old boring minnehaha route (not boring, just overdone)

or we could play it by ear. which is always awesome.

I think the St.Paul route is a must as well

kim jensen /

Play it by ear usually turns out interesting. Nice new Puch Maxi's in town there Kelsey and Mary! Look forward to meeting some new members of "Our Gang"

70cc's of Italian fury?? What are you riding Adam?

Was at Powderhorn earlier this summer and this kid kept saying I gotta get that, swap you my bike. That and car breakins in the past and a kid was bike jacked there during a little league game. So lots of bad Karma at Powderhorn. Otherwise a "lovely" park.

Saint Paul may be the place to go! Grand Ave?

kbj

1978 Maxi Frame, with a 1984 Maxi Sport LS E50, with a tuned stock three shoe clutch. Case-matched to a 70cc Parmakit. Equipped with a 20mm intake, a 20mm Dellorto carb, a 90 degree Malossi filter, and a Tecno Estoril exhaust pipe. The gearing is 16x36. I painted the frame dark green with a white stripe down the rear fender portion of the bike. Currently I have a stock 1978 Maxi Sport seat on there, but I'm considering getting it recovered in a matching color, or just new black.

I should be there Saturday, at least at Pizza Luce if all goes as planned.

sweet bike man!

I think we've thought of a pretty rad looking route... if you google map "Picnic Island Rd, St Paul, MN" we're going to mope around there for a while... Snelling Lake Rd looks pretty damn good, too...

Also, we usually fill up the tanks before take-off and top it off once in the middle. I've got extra 2-cycle.

As for Powderhorn park, that place rules, and I live down the block. I haven't had any problems, even at night. We'll be chillin' and talking near our mopeds, so it'll be fine. The beauty of having a moped is being able to pretty much push it with you wherever you go so we don't have to leave them unattended. :)

See y'all Saturday! (the forcast calls for too much sun, too... which most will be happy about)

this sounds like it'll be a good time, im bummed i'll be missing part of it. when do you think the ride will head out? who can i call to catch up with the group?

You can call Greg, probably. (timeintopixels@hotmail.com is Gregory's email) Email him for his number. (he'll probably just read this and email you...?) I don't have a cell phone, otherwise I would just say "me!" What time can you meet up?

We're planning on leaving the park at around 2:30, but it might be more like 3 if we're all talkative-style and/or waiting for people...

You could also give me a call too, 952-270-0148

awesome. well tentatively im out in the burbs til 5, but hopefully not that late. if anything i'll meet up for pizza and the after party

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account