ot anyone have a hodaka?

i was wondering where you found it.

i am looking more particularly for a dirt squirt (lol) or a combat wombat (lmao)

would love to restore one.

are parts rediculously hard to find

Re: ot anyone have a hodaka?

Ive seen quite a few on craigslist this summer in my area... dont know much about them. The ones Ive been seeing have been going for pretty cheap.

really?

how cheap is cheap?

i have a couple road toads back home in my dad's garage.. got them from my grandpa. they are rad bikes.

theres some websites search google

Lots of parts out there. Rather expensive, good chrome tanks are like gold, etc. Shifter/transmission problems common. Cool little bikes, should be loved and appreciated just like all those Europeds that get trashed in the vortex of youth. I state this as a fellow guilty party.

Won a vintage class series on a Hodaka 125 a few years ago. I Still run it once and a while. The best place to get parts is Strictly Hodaka. I sold them a half a semi load of new and used parts before I built and moved into my new house. Fun Bikes for sure.

Mr. Bob

House Of Puch

ot anyone have a hodaka?

I would sell my collection of Hodaka if I got the right money. One complete 73' Wombat with a nice toaster tank. Runs good but hasn't ran in 3 years. I also have a Wombat and a Dirt Squirt parts bike. Shipping would be a nightmare. I got about $550 in it, have to break even.

I never had one, but think they are cool, I rode Maicos, Bultacos, and Jawas back then. Peace, Jerry.

salty are you coming east sometime this year?

im not in a big hurry. kinda wanted if for my senior project/ gift to a father figure.

he had one when he was a kid so i thought it would be cool to give him one now.

Hodakas were the rage in the .late 60's in San Diego. There are no doubt a few kicking around there.

have any info i should know?

anyone?

i want this.

Where are you located? Probobly too far from North Texas.

One of the greatest small dirt bikes of all time. Was not lucky enough to own one while they were being sold new.

But a pal in local group of riders had a Hodaka, and everyone

really would have like to have it. In some ways better then my OSSA stilleto 125. Ossa needed to be rebuilt all the time

and was tuned for serious MX. Hodaka was a better trail bike.

Jack

that would be awesome if it were farther north east

Beautiful. Just beautiful. See how much nicer things were in the '70s? Peace. Jerry.

Just sold my Wombat in March . Parts were getting too hard to find and too expensive to replace . Got rid of it while I had it running , did OK , bought a pipe bender and that $800 Harborfreight mill and drill for future projects . Besides there are other bikes to explore.

like i said i wanted it for a gift.

what would be easier to work on/ replace parts on? a combat wombat or a dirt squirt?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account