BOSTON small fixit this afternoon

If anyone wants to drop by I'll be working on my mopeds in my driveway in Somerville, near Davis Square. Plenty of space for you to work on yours. Bring yer own tools. Starting about 1pm-ish

call or email for the address!

Re: BOSTON small fixit this afternoon

B r e n d a n C a m p b e l l /

hey sheila, i also live around there, but am in need of a chain tool to take out a bunch of links in my chain. would you happen to have one? jaym said that he would help out, but i don't want to make him ride over just for that.

i am also going to walk by that gulf on highland to see if they'll help me out...sometimes i see them working on dirtbikes.

sheail -

do you mean the variator/clutch bell? my flywheel cover is plastic, and jsut pops right off. to get the variator bell off, you need the correct puller. i know ben eberle has one, but i unfortunately dont.

brendan, i have to be in porter at 2, and then im going to my friends house in davis. he lives on newbury street. im going to give you a call in a few minutes.

nevermind. im an idiot. you mean the cover under the plastic cover. i think you just need a ratchet with the right size end. i think i have a really long one, which might work. also, believe its threaded in reverse. i do not have a strap wrench, in case the housing needs ot be held in place.

give me a call if you want. my number is in my profile, which you can now see since youre a member.

sweet. i have a couple friends that are coming down in a bit that might want to join the session. sheila, i'll send you an email so i'll know where to go.

I may have a strap wrench. If I can make it by...it will not be until around 2pm as Elvyra is napping.

rain takes over!

I just got caught in the most intense thunder and lightening storm ever...

It was so awesome.... he rain was hitting my face like golfballs and I was so soaked to the skin I had to empty a quart of water out of my topsiders into the sink!

I was thinking of you guys!

sheila, sorry i didn't make it over. a friend came over and we were going to ride and he wouldn't be able to fix anything...

then jay came over and helped me out with the chaintool. we got thrown off by the downpours and lightning, played wii bowling and then went back at it. while we were wrenching the wheel we found another handful of problems with my maxi...but i guess that is how it goes. maybe i'll get to ride it someday!

jay, i am hoping you didn't get caught in round 3 of the rain on your way home. something tells me that you did, but i owe you big time. once i finally make it on a ride, dinner or beers at the beginning or end is on me. i really appreciate you going out of your way.

i just escaped the edge of the storm. the misty light rain chased me, but i made it over the river in time to escape any real rain. dont worry about it!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account