Re: 2 Stroke Moped Miles?

Reeperette /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

When my Bullet was struck, and mangled, the Odometer had rolled over a couple of times, but it's easy enough to figure out, 100 Miles a week (which I did at the time) bought in August 1989, wrecked August 1992 = about 20,800 Miles.

The engine did about 2700 more than that after I dismounted it from the wrecked frame and hooked it up to a 1974 Tomos Koper rear with a 78 Puch front end (The frankenbike).

So, all in all about 23,500 Miles...and the Engine still ran when I moved and was forced to leave the frankenbike behind.

Frankly, I don't know ANY way to wear out a Tomos engine....if they ever made cars, the auto industry would be in it deep.

-Ree

P.S. - You shoulda seen the dealers face when I brought it in for the free 3,000 mile servicing, less than seven months after purchase.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  2 Stroke Moped Miles?Topic by: Ataristyle Ataristyle 01/15/01 12:26AM
  Re: 2 Stroke Moped Miles?Re: Reeperette Reeperette 01/15/01 10:51AM
  Re: 2 Stroke Moped Miles?Re: scott scott 03/15/02 12:36AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account