moped army safety idea

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

heres an idea i'd like to try. i dont know if it would work in boston, since there are still a relatively small number of khz members (though we're rapidly growing).

there have been a lot of accidents lately, but a lot of us still dont have all the best safety gear (i just ordered a full face yesterday). i would like to figure out a system whereby local branch members can contribute a little bit of money, and then any time w induct new members, we could buy them whatever safety gear they dont have. maybe sometimes this would only be a pair of gloves, but maybe it would also be a much safer helmet.

i know a lot of time only wearing a half helmet is a fashion choice, but maybe if people were given a full face as a gift, they would wear it. plus, this would be kind of a cool way of "initiating" people.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.