moped army safety idea

heres an idea i'd like to try. i dont know if it would work in boston, since there are still a relatively small number of khz members (though we're rapidly growing).

there have been a lot of accidents lately, but a lot of us still dont have all the best safety gear (i just ordered a full face yesterday). i would like to figure out a system whereby local branch members can contribute a little bit of money, and then any time w induct new members, we could buy them whatever safety gear they dont have. maybe sometimes this would only be a pair of gloves, but maybe it would also be a much safer helmet.

i know a lot of time only wearing a half helmet is a fashion choice, but maybe if people were given a full face as a gift, they would wear it. plus, this would be kind of a cool way of "initiating" people.

Re: moped army safety idea

Helmet and maybe jsut a cheap pair of gloves. Im all for seeing people riding safely more power to you if you can get this to work

I have a nice $399 full face that I wear when I race my motorcycle but still only wear my half helmet on a scooter or moped.

mosquito fleet's gift to new members is that you get to be in a sweet moped gang.

90% of us where fullfaces anyway.

im gonna get some new gloves

i cant do fullface. I know i should. Im so hearing impaired already that i cannot hear behind me.

Wait does this include telling susan that shorts and those little shoes she rides in make me nervous for her?

I ride in shorts but only on the moped. But even if i pull a DZ and ride nude i always have gloves and a helmet on and it doesnt have to be full face just something that is Snell approved

I have the full-face for winter...but if you have to pedal in the heat...just a skull cap.

Same with us. Also due to the fact when it rains, you really want a full face.

or we can initiate people only once they get a ful face. hehe

Itd be cool if gangs had helmets with insignias, like the headlight stickers.

Andrew,

If that makes you worry, you should have seen what Jessica (our only scout) used to wear. These small type heel things and very nice stylish shorts and tops...very fashion focused

oh dear. That sounds scary.

I just think footwear is important too , but ive been known on a day to ride my stock bike around in garb very simular to daniel - fratbones, maybe not so much colorful docksiders but very close.

but at night when its cool enought some clothing at least!

Dz in the snow is different then any of us on the freaking lynn / revere rotary.

I can't help it... I'm just a colorful character and dress for comfort and style! lol

Fred... I remember Jessica... she was the first person I met from the kHz years ago when I passed her packing up her bikes into a Uhaul in front of MIT...

I circled back around and chatted at length with her.. and she gave me a couple of the long kHz Swarm and Destroy that I still sport on my magnum to this day!

fred, i bought a rear tire for a sparta today.

can you ask your spare spart how it feels about a puch za50 with a athena reed valve?

« Go to Topic — end of thread