Moped Trip to Alaska, Yukon, NWT

Walter Muma /

Thank you all for your comments re my website documenting my 1978 moped trip to Alaska, Yukon, & NWT (from Toronto). I have recently greatly enhanced and enlarged the section on "How I Did It". There are now 9 pages. Hopefully these will answer most of your questions. The rest of the documentary is unchanged.

It's located at: http://wmuma.com/moped78/index.html

And "How I Did It" is located at:

http://wmuma.com/moped78/howididit1.html

Enjoy!! I did.

Re: Moped Trip to Alaska, Yukon, NWT

InfectedBootSector /

I lOVE your website! I especially like the idea that you camped everywhere instead of staying in hotels. That's the only way to travel!

InfectedBootSector /

I do have one question though... Well, maybe a few?

Do you still have the moped you used for the trip?

Do you still ride mopeds?

chuck russo va /

you are the king of moped trips.

did u set a world record?

has anyone driven farther on a moped on a trip?

Holy crap! That guy is a ledgend! I can't believe he posted on here? Does he come on here often??

Gordy

ledgend

a ledgend he is. hey walter do you still have it.

Walter Muma /

I no longer have the moped. I gave it away many years ago due to lack of storage space for it.

And, no, I no longer ride mopeds.

Walter Muma /

It is quite possible that was a world record. I never heard of anyone doing anythign similar either before or since.

I never checked into it....Don't know where to start.

Maybe someone would like to check into this?

Re: ledgend

Walter Muma /

No, I no longer have the moped. I gave it away many years ago due to space limitations. :(

why dont you ride mopeds anymore?

they have made you famous (relatively speaking :))

Walter Muma /

It was just one of those things...it was not a conscious decision to not ride mopeds anymore. I had no space to store a moped. I started to explore areas on my travels that were more easily accessed by car. I moved several times. I didn't need a moped where I lived. Bought a house and for awhile had no money to purchase a moped. As well, mopeds kind of faded from view for many years in Ontario (Canada) where I live. So it wasn't too practical to obtain or own one.

Just many small reasons, nothing big. And certainly not a rejection of them as a means of travel or of getting around in big cities.

well walt, i love your web page. if you ever need a few bucks to keep it on the web, let us know. and buy a moped!!! :)

matt

btw, my favorite pic is the one of you back in T after the trip. I know how that feels.....

Walter Muma /

Thank you very much! I'll keep that in mind.

yes, that site encouraged three of us to ride from kzoo to chicago and back. a small feat in comparison, but it made is appreciate that maybe mopeds could be ridden longer distances. dan is still going crazy (once in a while) dreaming of his coast-to-coast trip accross the usa.

Walter is my HERO!

I'll never forget him or his trip! What a man! Wat to go,Miguel! Good trip! don-ohio (:^)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account