CA Mopeders Attention DMV

Tom Rainwater /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The DMV seems to be trying to provide clear guidance on the various two wheel requirements within this state. The information is now on the front page of the web site.

HEADS UP: I got a license suspended notice for canceling insurance on one of my motorcycle/moped insurance. This is the second time I've gotten a notice relating to insurance on two wheelers.

First was a harley that went to salvage, I canceled insurance, DMV wanted to suspend my license. Sent in the release of liability form.

Second is a moped, I sold it, canceled my insurance and DMV suspended my license. I sent notice back saying they made mistake and no I will not pay re-instatement fee of $14 as it was DMV mistake. Sent release of liability form.

Morale of story, fill in Release of Liability whenever you sell, otherwise DMV thinks you don't have it insured any more. And which insurance agency is sending the cancel notice information to DMV with out explanation - PROGRESSIVE.

Additionally DMV doesn't require insurance on mopeds reading information of web page now. So if you ped is insured and you now cancel and not sell ped, DMV is going to suspend your license for having no insurance. I'm not insuring any more of my peds.

And now at 53, I am driving incorrectly suspended drivers license. BFD.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account