Re: New peds

wsemajb /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Seems like a good niche to enter would be a 'true' moped. Not a Puch/Tomos with auxilliary/emergency pedals to use just in case you are forced to mimic a bicycle in front of a cop, to cross a pedestrian crosswalk, etc. I mean, ferchisssake.. has anyone here seriously pedaled a moped for more than a city block in their lives? Even getting home with a non-starter, or out of gas, it's a whole lot less sweat to just get off an push the thing.

I've heard somewhere, was it a post here?.. that lots of people in someones' area were bolting little motors onto moutain bikes. Most new mountain bikes are already built more solidly than my 1980 Puch and with superior suspension. An ultralight four stroke, like offa my ryobi 26cc trimmer, on an ultralight mountain bike would seem to be a real crowd pleaser. It would be easy as hell to manufacture. A true pedal/motor hybrid. No?

Are any of this type actually manufactured presently?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account