How to bend an exhaust?

How?

Re: How to bend an exhaust?

Edward Richardson /

Dude, without proper equipment, its difficult. The current old school caveman technique requires a small stand of trees and some sand. Fill the pipe with sand and pack it tight, then insert the pipe between two trees that are close together and bend. If you packed it in tight enough the pipe wont kink. I avoid this by purchasing right angle conduit pieces (***which must be welded outdoors with a good breeze and drink lots of milk after to avoid cadmium poisoning***) with creative cutting to get the curve I want. There are some benders at Harbor Freight but I haven't had the cash to spare yet.

Ben Van Zoest /

Or fill the pipe with water cap off both ends and freeze solid

and bend around a mandril which yo can shape from wood, water doesn't compress.

fill pipe w/ sand

use a torch to heat it up nice and red where you want to bend it

bend away

I bent up an exhaust to replace the stock one on my MadAss Clone 125cc conversion out of conduit - actually slightly thicker and galvanized - Hydraulic bender from Northern is now $79 . Kinkfree . The ice never works because you can't freeze it - 4 foot freezer ?? Sand - sort of - plugged ends never stay in long enough - Buy the bender - you always use it - Geez start bending exhausts and sell it here - it will pay for the tool

i made some surgical incisions with an angle grinder? bent it into the shape i wanted, and a muffler shop welded it up for free

Tom Rainwater /

Easy go to car muffler shop, pay couple of bucks let them do it.

Use heat from oxy/actlen torch and bend away or refer to the first.

Use heat from oxy/actlen torch and bend away

correct

« Go to Topic — end of thread