making a ped shoot flames.

i heard about people doing it on their cars...

i want to do it on my ped.

for those dick head tailgaters.

how do i do it?

something about a sparkplug in the pipe. lol

might need more direction then that

Re: making a ped shoot flames.

I heard about the same thing, something about unburned fuel being ignited, im not sure a ped puts out enough to burn like you are thinking. perhaps premix may not be right for it, I was thinking about something like that myself lol can't wait to hear if anyone would be able to tell us how!! That would rule!

ive seen it on a car where they basically just drilled a hole in the pipe and screwed a plug in there. hook it up to a switch and when you pop it, it will ignite the unburned fuel.

i would like to go on record though and say that this is a really bad idea.

i had a friend who made a fake pipe on his bmx that he would fill with a propane charge and used an electronic lighter (like the grill kind) to ignite it. basically like a potato cannon. loud as fuck and produced an impressive flaming ball of scary.

Yeah, I was thinking push button grill lighter myself. Like the red ones. I actually pulled on off a grill on the curb not a week ago for the same reason. I also think it is a really awesomely bad idea.

in order for this to work you would have to have a decent amount of unburned fuel (which means you would be running super rich) and a decent amount of pressure behind it. you would have to rev the shit out of it in other words. if you are idleing i think the best you would get is a little poof.

i'd go the other way and mount up a fake pipe on the other side. make it look like dual exhaust. would probably look totally fucking rad. a ped with dual exhaust.

Bruce Edwards /

Very easy to do. 1) drill a hole at the very end of the exhaust pipe. 2) weld in a bung that fits the plug of choice, 3) run an electrical source with a switch on the handle bars. 4) run an auxilliary fuel pump that taps in to the fuel tank and properly meter it, 5) boom. Lot's of fun....

you're suggesting actually flooding the pipe with gas? no offense, but it was a bad idea before, now its almost doubly so. ha. i do like how you think though.

Bruce Edwards /

That's how it's done. We've been doing it for years....

i think the fuel line to the pipe is a retarded idea. how do you turn it on and off for the slip second you need it...

the last thing you need is a puddle of gass in your pipe so when you hip it you have a pipe bomb (pun intended)

you actually have it done to one of your peds?

wouldnt you want to aerate the gas? so it doesnt just burn? you want an explosion, not a puddle of gas on fire, right? i'm not saying it wouldnt work, but i just see a constant burning puddle of gas in your pipes future. i could be wrong though.

h"heres how you do it on a car":http://www.ehow.com/how_2160792_shoot-flames-exhaust.html

the principle is the same. run rich, give it lots of gas and pop the spark plug.

Just by being 2 stroke you have lots of unburnt fuel, One of the biggest problems with these engines is the amount of air/fuel mixture that escapes before the exhaust port closes. Suppose you have an old cylinder and increase your exhaust duration, you'd lose a lot of power you'd have to make up elsewhere but you'd have a ton of perfectly mixed unburnt fuel and air to light.

if i try this...

can i just wire off my magneto or my coil?

if its the coil can a regular switch handle all the volts?

is there anyway i could damage my motor?

in a car the traditional method is to stop spark in the engine for a moment so un-ignited gas is coming out the exhaust. You also have to have a separate spark plug and coil for the exhaust.

Supposedly shutting of the spark in a car is supposed to do damage, as there is a possibility of gasoline mixing with the engine's oil... for a two stroke that's not a problem.

The problem being, however, that a short time w/ out this spark would stall the engine...

that's why I would suggest going with a separate gas source entirely. PROPANE!!!!

you can get it in small bottles, you could probably sacrifice a grill for most of the part's you'd need (minus ignition source). I suppose you could use that little red button from a grill, but that would be a pain in the ass to try and reach down to you're tail pipe. xD

You'd have to use a separate high tension coil to switch on and off. If you spliced into your plug wire it would simply arc across the switch.

I believe this has been done already but a moped owner in California.

this is just a bad idea altogether. dont pick the wrong person to shoot flames at. thats all.

then again you could always go w/ a can of silly string

not nearly as badass

just have the fake pipe loaded with a potato and then shoot that at shitty drivers behind you [=

Ben from the now gone West Coast Mopeds use to do it . I couldn't find his video but I did find this one . BTW anybody hear from him . He builds engines .

Also , I have seen it done BUT the last time I saw it, the guy's exhaust was so gooky with oil it kept burning and caught fire as well as his pants leg - not good . It also dripped hot oil and followed him while pushing it . Two words "Fire Extinguisher" handy

Oh Crap Fred beat me to it - Yep

i had a friend in highschool who did it with a fuel injector in the exhaust, separate gas tank, and a sparkplug downstream of it... all stuff he got from the car junkyard for next to nothing

The easiest and cheapest way is a grill igniter, a can of starting fluid, and some tubing.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing as cheaply as possible and with minimal effort.

no groms no blasters /

_in a car the traditional method is to stop spark in the engine for a moment so un-ignited gas is coming out the exhaust. You also have to have a separate spark plug and coil for the exhaust.

Supposedly shutting of the spark in a car is supposed to do damage, as there is a possibility of gasoline mixing with the engine’s oil… for a two stroke that’s not a problem.

The problem being, however, that a short time w/ out this spark would stall the engine…

that’s why I would suggest going with a separate gas source entirely. PROPANE!!!!

you can get it in small bottles, you could probably sacrifice a grill for most of the part’s you’d need (minus ignition source). I suppose you could use that little red button from a grill, but that would be a pain in the ass to try and reach down to you’re tail pipe. xD_

could i just put a switch on the ground or does - and + not matter for a switch

it soule be easy to kill it for a second when rolling and keep the gas in then turn it back on the same time you hit the switch.

would a shorter gap take less voltage _and_ lessen the chance of roasted weinies?

Just run 2 wires from your grill ignitor to a spark plug for ignition. I really don't know what you would need for a fuel. gasoline only burns as a gas and not as a liquid. It needt to be atonomized like in a carb. a puddle will only burn off the fumes on top.

Yes propane the way to go. It is by far the safiest and most easy to set up.They sell flame thrower kits on some aftermarket websites,it basically is a small propane tank,some red/black wire and a button.

Oh wow, umm, please do not run propane or fuel lines to your pipes unless you want to turn into a fireball. The TRADITIONAL way to do this is to disconnect one or two cylinder plugs from an old V8. You would probably want to do two cylinders to balance the thing out. Then you end up with alot of unburned fuel in the pipes thats been warmed up and turned into a mist. The you use a plug in the pipe to ignite it, or a torch for that matter. You also have to remove your cat, or at least hollow it out so the fuel doesnt plug it up and catch on fire.