Moped Crash Statistics

Does Moped Army keep any statistics on moped related crashes?

Re: Moped Crash Statistics

They should have a counter on the bottom of the page that counts how many crashes and then add a new part the the forum for people to post that they have crashed and to show pics of it.

we have a records department. just fill out the forms (3 copies) and send them to the right address.

I was just wondering this on another thread. Would love to see it. I for one have been riding for about 6 weeks with a spotless record save for dead bugs knock wood.

lol it would be so high that there would be no point, i can't even remember how many crashes i've been in. only 2 resulted in totaled frame components and I've been struck by cars on 3 occasions. however, most are just fall, slide, get back on and ride away, then feel bad in the morning.

The only "statistic" I've ever heard:

There are two kinds of riders -- those who have crashed, and those who are going to crash.

instead of a counter, maybe just an ominous "YOU.... TONIGHT!"

might make people think twice before riding recklessly.

if u haven't ever crashed u don't know how far u can push it, and u don't know what ur moped can do. It will make u a better rider if u do.

getting hit by cars is a different story

It does have the ability to calibrate you, something to be said for a healthy fear sometimes.

I know my first wreck tought me to slow down more into turns and watch out on turns, after that wreck I had to close calls from loss dirt and rocks.

i know i'm gonna hold off on the throttle for a while. Sure my moped burned down but if it didn't i'd still ride a little slower.

hah if my mom ever read this thread she would never let me get a moped. (i am getting mine on the 27th. im so excited)

You know what they say. Bones heal and chicks dig scars. I have crashed twice, but they weren't serious, one I was run off the road and the person totally realized it. We made eye contact right before the peg caught the curb/my hand slapped his window. Didn't stop.

moped army would make bank if they started a moped insurance coverage system, where you pay monthly and if u get in an accident or something they give you the parts......would probally be kind of complicated though

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Someone totally should have run and got some hotdogs to roast.

Bruce Edwards /

I'm seeing far too many reports of crashes and it really scares me.

Heres my collar bone escaping my skin from a really dumb normal left turn last week.

hey rafter, my collar bone is doing the same thing after my fiery wreck depicted above.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

it happens. you crash, you learn, you become a better rider.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bruce Edwards /

You guys aren't fuckin' helping! lol

Ah, we're all gonna die anyhow......

Now mine looks like this

i'm going on thursday to get mine fixed. you got yours did quick.

Tom Rainwater /

Nate could have done a better job, doctors work looks like a hack. :)

At least you got them to do something, mine is a separated collar bone and they will not patch it together.

Doctor tell you that they take that out afterwards?

ive fallen once a year the same month every year since i started mopeding ..

june is a shitty month for me

yeah crashes come in groups for some reason.

there was like 3 moped mondays in a row a while that i when down.

sometimes the bike goes down but i don't and i kinda "run"away from the crash, has that ever happened to u guys?

Oh man, I did that "run" shit once on a road bike, right in front of a big group of people. I was prolly going 15 and the bike flipped, somehow I had the clarity to put one foot on the handlebars mid-flip and jump off, landed in a dead sprint and the bike just flew apart. Best part: the crowd of people saw and applauded.

My collar bone broke though my skin so they had to do surgury right away. Infection worries.

By all means it seems as if the collar bone break is the winner in the moped/broken bone category.

i just crashed last week and broke my femur, i dont have pics of it but i ended up with a plate and screws in my leg

« Go to Topic — end of thread