Re: Joe HO TBoned in Newton today!

full face helmets look silly but any time you get in an acident and see a scuff on the jaw of the helmet. you know it could have been your jaw.

thanks for the support everybody.

HOLY SHIT!

wensday, im wearing my bloody leather jacket EMT's cut off of me.

maybe your magnum re-build, should be the star attraction of the BOSTON drive in movie/Sabatinelli Camp-Out/ Weldtastic fix-it extravaganza.

put into plan soon?

but for real, thats scary be more carefull next time, glad your ok, glad your helmet was worth the $$, glad you fucked up some AWD Shopping Cart with 130 pounds of steel and aluminum strapped with serious 2 stroke fury, Kamakazi JO-HOE hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

i am a terrible person.

Holy FUCK, guys -

This is really, really bad news!

Obviously, Joe, it's awesome that you're pretty much okay. When I hit a car in San Jose on my Magnum, I thought the same thing - "FUCK.....my bike"....as I lay there in the middle of the road.

Bike FIRST, body SECOND!

You'll be able to recoup the cost of forks and rims from the lady. Believe me, when you tell her that new forks are 100.00 and rims around 200.00 for a GRAND TOTAL of 300.00 for something that should be a lot more....she'll be pumped. The dude that hit me was basically ecstatic that new forks (which was pretty much all I needed) was only going to put him out 100.00.

Well...here's to a fast heal, man....and take Andrew up on the forks and rims! Gotta get back on the road, man!

Joe -

I am glad you going to be ok. Feel better soon.

Best, Danny

Holy crap Joe! And to think I just saw you blasting down Beacon St. on Wednesday while I was walking home! Feel better quick man!

hehe thanks dudes. oh ben ill definitely make her pay for my rims which cough cough may or may not have disk brakes on them teehee!

so when they ask me the year make model of my bike ill say umm 2008 honda cbr600rr?

i just got the full amount of money i asked for from the lady who caused my crash. this is without going through insurance, and with no five stars. you should be getting way more, i assume.

oh man im glad you are ok. Tboning is scary as fuck but a leather jacket and a full face helmet will up the shit out of the survival rate. Im glad you are ok, it sounds like an epic hollywood crash man!

as far as insurance, i have delt with this multiple times. YOUR BIKE IS TOTALLED DUDE. honestly, according to anyone other than a moped enthusiast they will look at it and all they see is a pile of scap metal. and lets be real, yeah your rear rim might look fine but do you really think the axle is still straight? your swingarm? your shocks? how is your seat? your grips? your everything takes damage in an accident like that.

most of the time in a car, if your airbags deploy the insurance company considers it totalled. its like a helmet. one good smack and it looks the same but its never right again.

you claim your bike as totalled. you list the new price for each part, a rep from their insurance company will take a look at it and usually approve it right there. even a fancy ass moped isnt worth more than a couple thousand. thats nothing to them, especially if you are willing to sign away right to medical lawsuit. sometimes they will require a shop to check it out but they will look at it and say totalled before you can put it up on its kickstand.

anyway good luck, and i cant wait to see the ped you will get from the check!

pictures

that last one breaks my heart

so harold youre saying i can get my whole bike replaced? sweeet. its got so many suspension kinks i wanna replace it anyways

looks like you have a good oppertunity to straighten out that "why is my bikes wheel listing to the left" question.

dude when itemizing that bill id not be listing a 80cc metrakit lol

lol ive got monza seats coming in for my bike ill probably itemize that too.

i think i wanna include a pipe an say this one broke at hte flange. that way i can buy a simonini also! on top of that ill include new wheels and i wanna see if i can put disk brakes on it. along with a new paintjob probably.

The insurance company is totally checking this thread.

seriously doubt it.

they can if they want. either waythe have toinclude a paintjob. im sure theyre paing or tha ladys fender to get painted and not just for a bare fender. if anythin her fender bumper and door probably neda be paintmatched along with the hood

sarcasm

yes yes i know

omg that last pic is a heartbreaker!!!!

yeah joe just be semi reasonable and they will be all over it to get your claim over and done with. any dent in an expansion chamber tecnically ruins the bike. i wouldnt claim kit and motor as what u have dude. just compare it to a low milage stock za50.

basically u are looking at more than enough to rebuild this into an even nicer bike since you will be doing the labor yourself.

the thing was i wasnt even going fast i just put too lean of a jet in that bad boy and i was probably going 25/30

its so much work and im leaving in a month bah!

You should be getting more than just the money to replace your moped. I had a similar experience happen to me in college on my Kawasaki EX500 motorcycle. It was a classic case of someone turning left in front of me w/o yielding to me (because they didn't see me) and I smashed right in to the side of their car and flew over the top. I had a broken wrist and they paid for that but they also paid me 6 times over what the actual hospital cost was so that I wouldn't sue. If they offer no extra money, just politely say that you'll have to check it over with your lawyer. They will probably offer more. Don't be a total jerk about it as accidents happen but I think it's not unreasonable to expect _something_ extra for what you've been through. Get well soon bubs.

thanks bry im just waiting on the police report so i can get her info and speak to her insurance company. problem with moepds is nothing is in production anymore and they cant give me the money for a chinese scooter ill go ballistic

You'll have no problem dealing with this, especially since she admitted fault,

You're basically in the green for 2k+ in damages for your ped.

Not including if they ask you to settle outside of court.

That could be another 2k if not more, because of the trial expenses they would risk, and losing a client.

What matters the most is that you're okay!

Now you just get to start fresh on a new ped.

You can scoop up something you've always wanted and have the cash to build it perfect to your specs.

If only one of my bikes would get run over.

thanks! its easy dude ill crash your bike for you if you want!

I can't believe how many people on here get wiped out by idiots in cars that are at fault, and are happy to get a couple hundred bucks to replace forks!

You deserve, and can get a LOT more. Again, you deserve it!

Ever hear of compensation for pain and suffering?

dude im sufering. im weary and can barely drive. there isnt a single part of my body i can raise up high. i cant move my legs. its hard to change, squat, sit, get up, take shoes off and even wash my feet. im supposed to be looking for a job too and this has kept me from that. on top of that i tire easily cause i have to use my hands to lift my legs in and out of the car or sitting

dude that blows, im sorry. get better fast.

im working on getting your forks off my bike lol

noo andrew dont kill your ped for me

i dont deserve it

_dude im sufering. im weary and can barely drive. there isnt a single part of my body i can raise up high. i cant move my legs. its hard to change, squat, sit, get up, take shoes off and even wash my feet. im supposed to be looking for a job too and this has kept me from that. on top of that i tire easily cause i have to use my hands to lift my legs in and out of the car or sitting_

That's terrible, and that's why you get a hold of a personal injury lawyer that works on a contingency basis and get what you deserve out of the accident. The woman's insurance company will be responsible on her end. Right now YOU'RE the one being taken advantage of. You could have some more permanent injuries than you realize, and it's foolish to ignore.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account