free movie in sacramento, july 18

no groms no blasters /

loosely involves bikers and riots, so it's loosely on-topic. I'll be riding a moped to this. WILL YOU?

Tomorrow! Friday - July 18!

7:00 PM - Admission: Free!! AND now - with Air Conditioning!!!!!

Burst City

This early effort out of Japan may well be the closest filmic expression of punk rock ever created in a number of ways - from the grainy film, to the chaotic camera work, to the use of real punks and bands from the era.

The story, set in a futuristic barren Tokyo, sort of revolves around punks gathering to protest the construction of a nuclear power plant. The yakuza is brought in to quell the protests, but the arrival of a pair of metal clad bikers, paired with a revolt by the construction workers just makes things, well, worse. Lots worse. Tons of early J-Punk and the final 20-minute or so anarchic riot will leave you exhausted (but in a good way)! If you try to follow the plot too much, you might get lost (it's not really always clear what's going on), but this is all about the cinematography and visuals!

And best of all - as a thanks to all of the MOBS friends who keep us going each week -- this one is FREE! Besides, ya shouldn't have to pay for anarchy. Although we might have a donation jar for spare change... Oh - you oughtta leave the young kids at home for this one...

Re: free movie in sacramento, july 18

steve... i'm with you

if i didn't have work and if my moped worked i would. haha

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

id be there but i have a birthday party to attend...

that sounds pretty cool. i can walk there!

no groms no blasters /

topic title correction: WEST Sacramento.

no groms no blasters /

REMINDER.

no groms no blasters /

trailer on youtube:

« Go to Topic — end of thread