tomos lx electrical system?

im trying to switch out the headlight on my new tomos lx but am not super familiar with the electrical system. im trying to get this light on there:

http://www.handybikes.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=297_405&products_id=23429

will it work?

Re: tomos lx electrical system?

Is this a NEW Tomos LX? I believe the new bikes are 12 volts and this light looks like a 6 volt. I can't say for sure it won't work, but that seems like a problem.

Does the LX still have the fairing on the bars? If so, are you going to cut a round hole in it to make the new light fit?

not quite sure what im going to do about mounting the light yet. i need to figure out if its even going to work first. anyone else have any info?

would just switching the 6 volt bulb to a 12 volt be the answer?

not that I have anything productive to submit to this thread.

If you have that front fairing on your lx, take it the fuck off. its hideous.

its long gone.

Switching out the light bulb to a 12 volt, 1156 bulb will work. The fairing comes off. The bullet headlight goes on and the speedometer goes into the hole on the top of the bullet headlight. Take off the bracket that holds the rectangle light and mount the bullet to the fork mounts. You need to take off the signal lights and disconnect the wires to do this. Disconnect the signal indicator and the high light indicator. You will not have high lights. Connect the headlight wires brown to the ground terminal and the blue to the bulb. The white is for the high light but the new light does not have high lights. There you go. Have fun.

its actually not a bullet headlight, its similar in shape to the ones that come on the new streemates. pretty shallow. heres a link to the exact one i ordered:

http://www.handybikes.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=297_405&products_id=23429

were you saying i would have to lose my turn signals for electrical reasons or just becuase there would be nowhere to mount them now? thanks for the helpful post, youre awesome.

No. Just to get the bracket off. Reconnect it and mount it back on.

Why is this in general Dis.

« Go to Topic — end of thread