Re: Attn: PA mopeders

Perfekt Timing Angel /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

MD doesn't require shit for mopeds. No titling, no registration, no fees, no plates, no nothing. You don't even need to wear a helmet. All ya need is a driver's license or a moped operator's permit. No notarization was required on my Bill of Sale.

The most important thing was a copy of MD vehicle exemptions. They made a copy of this at the title agency. It basically says MD doesn't require shit, in fact you CAN'T register or title a moped. This is considered your leverage that PA can't do anything about but get you a title.

There were a few forms, and I've heard that these forms are no longer in circulation, but I don't know if that is true. You'll have to do some homework on that.

As far as costs...You have to pay 6% on whatever the buying price of the moped - $100 = $6 in state tax. You have to pay insurance which is anywhere from $5-$15 a month. There was a $24 title processing fee, a $9 registration fee, and a $40 fee for a tag and title agency to handle everything for me. That can be omitted, but at the time, it was worth every penny to have THEM haggle with the DMV.

I think that was it for the fees. There might be a plate fee in there, too, but I can't remember. Exluding the price of the bike and insurance, you're looking at about $50 without the help of a tag and title agency.

Email me if you have anymore questions.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account