Re: Color poll: Flat or Gloss?

JunkyardDog /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Go with gloss. The problem with flat black, and flat paint in general, is that it can look great to begin with, but it doesn't hold up. It scratches easily, fades easily, and if you get oil on it, it leaved a permanent spot. I have an '01 Tomos Targa that I recently bought, and it is that ugly ( to me ) teal color. I just did a bunch of performance upgrades ( kit, carb, pipe, filter, and front sprocket ), finally have the kit broke in, and the jetting dialed in, I hit 50 (GPS) going down a slight hill. Anyway, I have already removed the front fender, reflectors on the forks, fairing, horn, square headlight, speedo and dash, all the handlebar switches, and wiring, the signals were missing when I got it, both side panels, the chain guard, luggage rack, and the flywheel cover. I have a round headlight for it, and intend to do a custom tail light, with the plate mounted above the tail light, Harley style. All the other parts get left off. The lights will be hardwired. I intend to paint it gloss black, with red wheels, and wide whitewall tires, have the seat redone tuck and roll style, put chrome handle bars on it, and maybe a few other chrome accents here and there. I may chrome the flywheel. I have decided to call it "Death Wish" and am going to have "Death Wish" stickers made for the tank, in white, with a red outline. Hoping it turns out as good as I think it will, because it is going to have about a $1500 price tag. Peace, Jerry.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.