How much did your powerdercoating cost?

Those of you that have had powerdercoating done on your frame, how much did it cost you? Trying to get a project price together for my custom bike.

Re: How much did your powerdercoating cost?

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

I think grand total for my current project is about 100-120, two colors and multiple pieces. Though the guy is a friend of my Dad and was having problems with one of the colors so he is giving me a discount. I doubt this price is outside of the norm based on what I have heard from other riders. It also depends on number of colors and pieces you are having coated. Expect 100-200, but definitely shop around or try to find those "friend of a friend" hookups.

Cool. Did that include project prep? (ie stipping off the old crap)

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

It did, I think it was about $30 of the price. If you have access to a sandblaster or other way to strip paint it's not too difficult to do it yourself if you want to save a bit of green. I would have done it myself if my job still had a working sandblaster.

My bro is set up for sandblasting, but the entire frame wouldn't fit in his little sandblaster set up... If it's only $30, that's not a big deal.

There is a guy in Grand Rapids that will do a maxi frame for around $100

This includes sandblasting.

I got my rigid Maxi sandblasted and powdercoated for $80. My boyfriend got his done for almost $200 I think but he had 3 colors and 9 pieces.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Powdercoaters in St. Louis are full of shit. I e-mailed and/or called 6 places. The lowest anyone said, just for one color on the frame, was $400...

I think you need to have connections to get this cheap stuff.

The company I work for powdercoats our buildings we send out. If you are in the Grand Rapids area, and your bike is already sand blasted/ preped I should be able to get you powdercoating at cost. (what is costs the company to do, no profit).

We have a limited amount of colors, but you may buy a custom color. Let me check some of the costs.

JD

sir thaddeusforemen /

My friend has his own powdercoat machine so i could basically get a frame done for like 25 bucks. Everything else for free.

depends on the quality too. motomaticmopeds does all that shit by hand by mopeders. the 5 stars they powdercoated for me are so fucking slick that i literally coulnt stick superglue to them. I TRIED too!

« Go to Topic — end of thread