1979 Honda PA 50 Petcock

New member here with a pretty basic question: does anyone know which direction the lever should be pointing for the regular tank and which direction for the reserve tank? "Off" is clear (parallel to ground), but I can't figure out the others. I had two of these mopeds more than twenty years ago, and I can't remember what it was.

Thanks a lot.

Re: 1979 Honda PA 50 Petcock

I'am almost 99% sure on is down and reserve is up, it is marked on mine, i just checked my service manual and it does not say...but it is a service man not an operators manual. One way to find out is to fill the tank and ride it for a while if you are still running after like 5 miles you are prob on on not reserve. ALWAYS close petcock when not riding bike, I run my carb dry every time but this is anal behavior, but I have not had to rebuild my carb again ever, a good hint is to use "stabil" fuell stabilizer in every tank of premix, again overkill but it has worked well for me. The manual is availl on MRA website. I can check any specs for you in mine if you ned it. I use 25:1 mix per factory specs, many will sugest a leaner mix but I go with stock. I use Honda brand two stroke oil and brand name gasoline.

Re: 1979 Honda PA 50 Petcock

If it is stock, back is off, down is on, and forward is reserve.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account