Almost went thru glass door

I was at the gas station getting a pepsi. I go to start my ped on the stand, fully aware that my throttle cable has been acting up. engine fires, and goes right to full throttle. my rear brakes arent strong enough to stop the wheel. so, instead of bieng smart and shutting it down. like a dumbass, I dropped it off the stand and held on as hard as I could. It made a nice loud screech. I look around and everybody is watching. I was about 2 feet from crashing thru tho door. Just laughed it off and rode away. not much I could do, since my throttle was stuck. The skid mark is still there.

Re: Almost went thru glass door

youll be a skid mark if you dont fix that throttle

Already fixed. I put that at the top of my list of things to do.

hahaha omg i almost did the same thing, expect the glass wall was 5 other mopeds.

scared the shit outta me was the first time it happened

he almost did too

I did go through a glass door once, on a motorcycle. It had been raining, and the street was still a little wet, and apparently, so were my tires. I rode into a friends covered carport, hit the brakes, and skidded right through the front glass door, and wound up in the living room, still sitting on my motorcycle. Fortunately it was tempered glass, and broke up into a zillion little tiny pieces, so I didn't get hurt. But it did cost me about $300 to replace that door, and I'll bet they are still finding pieces of glass in the carpet. Peace, Jerry.

Be ready for anything.

So many close calls, so many close walls. Curbs and pedals don't mix....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account