Impounded Scooter story

My buddy's scooter got impounded. Lol. This weekend a bunch of us headed to a friend's lake house. In order to avoid being bullied into making the long drive, I took the ped. I met one of my buddy's that has a scooter for the ride to the meeting place. It was about 8 am. We stopped in a Blockbuster parking lot for a bit to wait for people. A cop pulled up and hassled him for having his girl on the back of the scoot. He told him it was illegal. His scooter has a more than large enough seat with back pegs. They were both wearing a helmet. BS. So the cop told her to walk. We continued to wait for friends. The cop pulled into a parking place to make sure we left.

5 minutes later he gets out of the squad car and asks in a rude voice for us to show him our registrations and proof of ownership. First, MA doesn't require plates, licenses, or titles. I pointed out I had the little DMV sticker on the back which makes me legal. My scooter buddy on the other hand did not have one. Long story short, my buddy was a dick to the cop and refused to give him his license. The cop the proceeded to impound the scooter and write him a ticket for operating unregistered.

The tow company came and were huge dicks. They ended up breaking the tail light on him scooter and being huge ass wiped. My buddy flipped when they broke it and whipped out his camcorder, which as you can guess pissed off the tow guys more.

The moral of the story is, register your ped is required and play dumb/go along with the cop. He probably could have gotten away with it if he were cool about it.

The cop never asked me for a license, or anything because I kept the mouth shut. BTW, I had a 30 rack strapped the luggage rack of the LX. lol. It was wrapped in a beach towel but was clearly visible. He never even asked how old I was. Hilarious.

Re: Impounded Scooter story

For the record I am 23, I do not encourage underage drinking. I do encourage common sense.

Is this news to anybody? I hate cops, but you just have to play ball. It must be so refreshing after a day of dealing with welfare queens with 8 litters of crack babies and 12 different dead beat dads to have some pleases and thank yous and even a mild joke or pleasant small talk.

no cops don't deal with welfare queens, they deal with the welfare queens kids when they grow up. who r now easier to catch because they sag there pants :P

A welfare queen is a welfare queens kid who grew up. DUH.

I don't see why being a dick to a cop has any difference in whether you get a ticket. If you didn't do anything against the law (I don't believe refusing to show a license is against the law, is it?) then what is it with these tickets? Do people fight these in court and the cops get a slap on the wrist for writing an unfounded ticket?

And I do understand being nice to cops, I have had many run ins with skateboarding, being pulled over for riding helmetless just to tell him it's a choice on a 50cc and such but I think cops should be able to deal with shit like this, I mean it's something you take on as part of the job isn't it?

Few people are evolved enough emotionally to happily take shit. Cops are less evolved than the general populous so you can't expect ant other behavior

Yeah cops can do whatever they want. Unless your a white priv. The fact of the matter is a judge is going to believe one cop over 5 dudes. If they want to fuck you they can and will, if the charges don't stick the legal bills will. Count on that. Just be cool.

news for everyone. cops are dicks. something happens when u put on a belt that has a gun and cuffs. It goes to their heads. But not all of them are assholes. and U have to be nice to them, or they will find something to ticket U for. I carry the KRS of all the laws ( which arent many) for moped in the state of KY just for the perpose of proving them wrong. U would think that a nofficer of the law would actually know the law, But they dont. So.. I'v made it a mission of teaching them. power to the people. man they hate it when a civilian proves them wrong.

good

There is something wrong here. Cops cannot enforce ANY kind of traffic laws on private property. Period. They cannot ask for a license or registration, they can't give you a ticket, they can't do anything vehicle related at all. When I first got my youngest daughter a dirtbike, we were in a mall parking lot next door to my house, which was empty, because the stores hadn't opened yet, and I was teaching her how to ride it. A cop set across the street watching us for a long time, probably thinking that when we left, we would ride the dirt bike on the street. Fortunately we saw him, and when we got ready to leave, before the stores opened, I pushed the dirtbike back to my house. Most likely one very dissappointed cop. If this did happen on private property, then the cop knowingly broke the law. Get a lawyer, you have a civil rights violation case. Peace, Jerry.

It is illeagal not to provide id to a cop.

wrong. We don't live in china. They need probable cause.

Baron von Jordacheo /

true story, I had a cop here in Charlotte pull me over in a neighborhood for not wearing a helmet, he first asked me to push it home, and then shot the shit with me for 10 minutes asking were he could get a moped, coolest cop I have ever delt with.

I have found most older officers to be gentlemen in my dealins with them, I treat u civil and u do the same. The younger guys are usually full of attitude...after a few years they usually calm down..think its a fresh out of the academy thing

My buddy was a dick to the cop. After he refused to give the cop his license, the cop got right in his face and started screaming at him. He was yelling "Give me your license or I will arrest you for failure to submit." We were in a parking lot, neither my ped or his scooter were running. We were sitting. My buddy kind of had it coming because he kept calling the cop a d-bag and a-hole under his breath when he would walk away. When it comes down to it, it was unregistered. The cop was a huge ass though. I bet if my friend had played along he would have gotten a simple warning.

Dunkin Donuts must have been out of Boston cream that morning. He had a stick up his ass from the get go.

I just don't get it...I mean your friend may question the motives behind why the officer wanted to see his info, but that doesn't give him a reason to be a dick to him...

People treat cops with such anger and disrespect, but if someone came up in your face at your job disrespecting you, most people would _love_ the opportunity to get back at that person, and some do. IMO, if you act like an ass to an officer, he's just like anyone else and you're going to find some 'spit on your burger.'

« Go to Topic — end of thread