Brakes

Bruce Edwards /

Why is it that on my mountain bike the rear brake is on the right grip with the front brake on the right and yet on my Streetmate it's the opposite?

That stated, I want to put hydraulic brakes both front and back on my ride and have them be like my mountain bike. I have an extra complete caliper that I could easily rig up a bracket that attaches to the frame, I just need an appropriate left handed mster cylinder/lever set up.

Any ideas?

Re: Brakes

so you can give it throttle and hold the back wheel at the same time maybe? and whats the problem if you have the lever and brake? either lever will hook up to either brake...

Whats easyer to do mess with the throttle and the rear brake or not haveing to worrie about the throttle and being able to pull the rear brake and on motorcycles they put the clutch on the right side of the handle bars and since mopeds dont have clutchs they put the brake leaver on the on the handle bars instead of haveing to use your foot to use the brake. So they did not switch around the brakes because its just like a motorcycle and its alot easyer to use the rear brake with out haveing the throttle in you head.

Bruce Edwards /

Do you guys even read what I'm saying? I'm wanna put disk brakes on both front and rear. Yes, that means a custom rear hub/disk but I have access to a CNC and can do that kinda stuff.

I need ideas on a left side hydraulic brake assembly. I don't want to make one.

Bruce Edwards /

Corey, that was one of the most difficult posts ever to read.

I'm not actually sure why bicycles have the brake levers backwards.

Chances are your going to be hard pressed to find a left side assembly for a motorcycle since most have a master cylinder for a foot brake. Try looking at one for a small atv, or maybe you can get away with using a clutch master cylinder.

see what's out there in the wonderful world of small cc engined motorcycles, look on ebay, do a google search most of the bikes after 1980 have disc front brakes so they all have some type of hydraulic set-up. do a little digging you'll find something

Bruce Edwards /

Super cool!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account