PUch build up

got the motor complete .. and now im working on the frame

Re: PUch build up

Swwet that aint that bad.

whoa, that is original, I haven't seen collage on a ped before. Quite a period piece too with obama and everything. I like it alot.

i HOPE you like how you CHANGEd that shit cause it is totally unique but durable?

Mod podge!?! Let us know how that holds up. It'd be a shame to see that not wear well -- it's way cool!

Drew, you've blown my mind yet again.

It's hideous but very creative. A+

thats a total indie girl bike.

FOLK YEAH!

Yep.

Spray some clear coat on that! Looks pretty cool. It'll be even cooler in 10 years if it's held up.

gas resistant clear coat..

paint on not spray on for over 5 mils of protection

dude thats awesome. great looking bike. glad you got some clear coat on there, cause i cant imagine modge podge does well againts gasoline, grease, and road dirt. be sure to post pics of the finished product when youre done!

Re: PUch building up TENSION

AaaHH! I am so worried that your awesome collage might not hold up to abuse despite all those cans of clear coat. I've got the shivers.

Collage is such a great medium: anyone can do it, but almost no one does it well. I don't do it well, but I do use the same basic methods to replace the ugly decals that come on bicycles.

The basic method of putting paper on transport that I've worked out is a base layer of household Goop left to dry for a minute, then the paper that's being applied, then a wrap of transparent plastic, and then a heat gun. It smells like the most toxic thing in the world - way worse than gasoline.

Drew, how did you work with the modge podge - it's just decoupage compound, no? Do you have to let it dry for longer before you build up a clear coat, or did you use the same process you'd use for decorating household objects?

P.S. I get weird pamphlets in the mail from Lancaster county all the time - all smiling people in restaurants watching horse-drawn wagons go by.

Re: PUch building up TENSION

hhaha.. dude i watch buggies all day go by my house..

mod padge is just glorified elmers glue basicly. its got some other secret ingredients in it that make it with stand more stuff. and hold up better long ..

what i do is soak the shit out of what ever im putting on.. then paint some on the bike where i want it to go and slap it on there.

there is really no wrong or right way. as long as there is mod podge base and mod podge top coat your good.

it has to be gritty tho. i hit it with 2 cans of primer from like 4 feet away to get a textured feel

Dude, thats really cool. I'd love to see that in person one day

Great idea... I have seen a couple bicycles with that done but this is the first moped I have seen.

NICE WORK

Nice work...planning one myself with a darker twist

i'm down... that bike will get you laid

its going to be my girl friends ped

8 coats of mod podge

10 coats of polyurethane

its probably not gas proof. but its weather proof . i pretty much dipped the whole thing in plastic

dude that is fucking SLIIIIIICK!!!! i love it! what are you gonna do for the rest of the bike? seat wheels handlebars etc

sport seat.. 5 stars..

im thinking white wall tires and red 5 stars... more of a burgandy red tho.. not a bright red.

but its up to her..

we still have to do the forks and swing arm to match .

nice artwork?

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

i hate to be a debbie downer but you will not find white walls that fit a maxi swingarm/rear fender... you could paint them.

unless you have a set of 16in five stars.

Vlado vlado /

polyurethane is 100% gas resistant after it cures for about a week;

very cool idea, I like it!

i knew about the white walls..

they make a perma chalk that is for rubber to make your own white walls.. ill try it on some dry rot peice of shit first.

but update!!

got the wiring down and descretly planed out .

carb gets here monday (20mm phgb)

ehxuast wed. ( homoet 6p)

5 stars / sport seat (sunday)(tommorow)

cant wait.. putting it back together this whole week.

bike is complete.. every thing is white..

swing arm shocks forks bars..

its sooo hard to keep white clean