Re: i crashed today

Edward Richardson /

Of course you should avoid it if you can, impact is never a good thing, the goal being avoiding an accident. Toppling over the handlebars to sprawl yourself and bike in the street can cause more accidents and injuries. I have two dogs, do I want them mowed down? hell no. But do I want to see someone bite the curb to avoid hitting them? hell no. If you love a dog like a child, you don't have a child. To top it off I've hit my dog on a moped, on gravel at 30 mph., it raced out of a field and sat down in front of the front tire, the dog was fine it yelped and ran, the bike went into a wicked tank slapper, and I almost saved it, then did a belly flop. Life is precious my ass, if I could have gotten ahold of the little bastard...

Its too bad you didnt capture the little dingbat.

ive got a perfect basket on the front of my garelli just BEGGING for a toto dog.

its unrealistic to think that theres any decision to be made as to whether or not to hit a dog, or anything else running into your way. aside from the fact that i dont want to run over a dog or any other animal - when something is streaking directly at or in front of your vehicle, the natural response is to avoid it. in this case, i hit the brakes because i didnt have time to think. it wasnt like i came up with some sort of calculus in order to determine whose well-being i valued more - mine or the dogs - and then chose the dogs i was trying, instinctively, to avoid a crash. i think thats general the best way to go. had i hit the dog, i dont doubt that i also would have crashed.

Duuude, that sucks! I'am glad you are ok...I don't think I would brake for a lap dog...a big dog yes...I think I will be buying kevlar gloves though at a mc shop?

Re: i crashed monday

How you holding up mike?

Im headed to Italy tomorrow, hope to see you riding when I get back, and remember its about the ride, not how fast you get there!

Heal up Road Rash Man

the gloves i got came from a bike shop. they just have small kevlar padding on the palms and over the thumb. teh rest are leather and rope, and theyre "fingerless." they worked great - not a scratch on the hand that hit the road. mine cost $15 for the pair - perhaps the most worthwhile safety item outside of a helmet.

you guys and your safty gear

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account